Deadline : August 23, 2023
Applications are invited the East African Community Students Mobility Scholarship Scheme (EAC-SMS). This scholarship is supported, funded and implemented by the Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) member Universities, IUCEA and their parents and students. The main goal of this initiative is to contribute towards training leaders that will foster EAC regional integration.
Scholarships offers are open for Master’s degree and PhD studies in Eligible fields at East African Universities. Applicants are expected to apply and study in another East African countries other than their own in selected universities and programmes. Eligible candidates must be applying for Master’s and PhD studies in various fields of study including Agriculture, Business Administration, Education, Economics Mathematics, Engineering, Informatics, Science, Technology , Business Science and many others.
This year, there is a total of 46 EAC-SMS Scholarships. Applicants for the scholarships must be students from East African Countries, in fact, Female applicants and students with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. The programme has made it a priority and has reserved up to 30% of the scholarships to female students.
You will receive the following benefits if you are selected for the scholarship
- Scholars will receive coverage for travel between their home country and host country.
- The scholarship also covers the full University tuition fees and examination fees for the entire duration of the programme.
- You will receive coverage for Medical insurance costs for the entire duration of the degree
- Other costs involved will be covered the by student’s parents
To apply for this scholarship programme, make sure that you meet the following conditions
- Applicants must be citizens of a partner state of the East African Community(Please see full list here).
- Candidates who are applying for Masters programme must be under the age of 35 at the time of application.
- Applicants for PhD studies must be below the age of 45 at the time of application.
- You must possess an undergraduate degree with least an equivalent of Upper Second-Class Honours or Distinction.
- Applicants must apply and receive admission for one of the eligible degree programme at an East African University of their choice.
- You must be applying to study at a University in an East African Country other than your home country.
To apply for the scholarship, you are advised to follow the procedure below.
STEP 1: Applicants are advised to Identify a programme of their interest at one of the participating Universities in a country other than their Home countries.
STEP 2: Apply for admission by completing and submitting the University application form for admission, for the course you will have selected
STEP 3: When submitting your application for admission (remember to include all the supporting documents), indicate that you intend to apply for the EAC-SMS Scholarship Programme
STEP 4: Start your application for the scholarship by registering for the scholarship using the online portal provided.
STEP 5: After conforming your registration, download and complete the scholarship application form from the programme website.
STEP 6: Along with the supporting documents, submit the fully completed application form as a zipped folder. You will need the following documents
- Submit your recent Signed curriculum vitae
- Applicants must include in their scholarship application, copies of all university degree certificates and transcripts.
- You must include a copy of your university Application Form and all its attachments.
- Submit letter of motivation for applying for the scholarship. Your motivation letter must not be more than 500 words and should include the following information
- Explain your Motivation applying to pursue the Masters Programme chosen
- Include how you intend to implement your professional engagement in EAC Integration agenda after completing the Masters
- Demonstrate how you intend to apply the skills and knowledge acquired from the Masters Programme to contribute the EAC Integration Agenda
- Give an overview of your personal professional and academic vision in the next 5 to 10 years
- Submit a recent passport photograph and Evidence of Nationality of a Partner State in the East African Community (national identity card or passport)
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here