Deadline : April 30, 2021
Applications are open for the Engineering for Development (E4D) Doctoral Scholarship Programme. The E4D Programme is made possible by funding through the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation. Scholarships are open to applicants who have secured support from a supervisor , for research at ETH University in Switzerland.
The main goal of the Engineering for Development (E4D) doctoral scholarships is to promote doctoral research for applicants from selected developing countries. These scholarships aim to contribute and benefit underprivileged people in low-income countries. It awards two doctoral scholarships per year and promotes innovative projects that are directly relevant for improving the livelihoods of underprivileged people in low-income countries.
Candidates for the scholarship programme are citizens and nationals of countries on the OECD DAC 2021 list. Applicants are required to contact a ETH Zurich professor, who will agree to supports the candidate. Together with the supervisor, you must in elaborating the full proposal, select a concept note, and request for a letter of support from the to supervise.
Benefits for applicants are as below.
- The E4D doctoral scholarships are worth CHF 175’000 for a period of three years.
- The scholarship period can be extended on a no-cost extension.
- A scholarship value of worth CHF 166’800 is reserved to cover the salary of the E4D Fellow for three years
- Scholarship value of worth CHF 8’200 will go to cover the fellow’s material costs and/or travels
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria
- You must meet the general entrance requirements for research or doctoral studies at the ETH Zurich and at the respective department must be fulfilled.
- Applicants must have sufficient experience in the selected research area.
- Candidates must be nationals and citizens of Least Developed Countries according to the OECD DAC-list classification.
- You must demonstrate sufficient English proficiency necessary to carry out your research
- Applicants must have a maximum of 40 years at the time of application.
- Candidates must have achieved a MSc Degree and a high academic performance
To apply you candidates must first apply and secure support from a supervisor at ETH. You must request a letter of support from you supervisor as this will be need to apply for the scholarship. You application must include the following documents must.
- A completed Concept Note Application form to be downloaded form the programme website
- You most recent CV of the candidate
- Copies of your MSc degree from a recognized university and grade transcripts
- You must include a support letter from your supervising professor at ETH Zurich
- Request for 2 reference letters from professors or tutors from your field of research
- Applicants must also include their relevant own publications or documentation of relevant activities relating to the project
- You must also include names and contacts of 5 independent external reviewers
Submit your application as a one pdf to the following address: [email protected].
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here