Deadline : April 30, 2020 .
EPFL (École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne) offers a number of fellowships at master’s level to students with outstanding academic records. Anyone applying to an EPFL master’s program is eligible. The selection of candidates and the granting of the fellowships is done based on the evaluation of the academic records of the candidates.
The fellowship committee, comprising members of the EPFL sections, a representative of the Vice-Presidency for Education and representatives from other school services, selects the candidates. Some fellowships are funded by EPFL directly while others are funded through partnerships with foundations or private companies.
A Master from EPFL is a highly regarded degree across the world. Anyone holding a Bachelor’s degree from a university (or the equivalent) in field related to EPFL curricula can apply to one of the EPFL Masters Programs. However, please be aware that admission is competitive. Only candidates with excellent academic records and references have good chances to be accepted
- CHF 8’000 per semester (CHF 32’000 for a 2-year degree - 120 credits / CHF 24’000 for a 1.5-year degree - 90 credits)
- Reservation of an accommodation (student room in a student residence)
- Anyone applying to an EPFL master’s program is eligible. The EPFL grants a limited number of fellowships to the most deserving candidates based solely on their academic records.
- Cumulating this fellowship with other substantial scholarships is not possible. Candidates are required to declare all the scholarships they receive during their master’s
- If your master at the EPFL is your second master’s degree, you are not eligible for an excellence fellowship.
- The renewal and payment of the fellowship for a second year of studies is conditional upon excellent academic performance at EPFL.
Students can also submit a printed application to their section by April 30. The application should contain
- Your resumé (curriculum vitae)
- Copy of your University degree(s), if already available.
- Transcripts from each university you have attended.
- A statement of purpose.
- The contact details of three academic referees, who will each be asked to produce one recommendation letter for you (except for holders of any EPFL Bachelor’s degree applying in another field and for candidates from another Swiss ETH/EPF, university or FHS/HES applying for a Master’s program in the same field of study as their Bachelor’s).
- Your identity card or passport.
All documents and diplomas should be in English, French, German or Italian. Please join a legalized translation of all documents written in another language.