Deadline : January 8, 2021
Apply for the Ertegun Graduate Scholarship at Oxford University in UK 2021. Oxford is invites applications for the Ertegun Scholarships in the Humanities. The University’s main aim is choosing the very best students who will realize Mica Ertegun’s Mission and one day become leaders in their chosen fields. Applications are open tp candidates who wish to apply for a full-time graduate course at Oxford for the University intake in September 2020 and wish to be considered for funding in the academic year 2021-22.
Interested applicants can submit their applications for funding provided that they are applying for courses offered at faculties incluing: Classics (including classical archaeology); English Language and Literature; Fine Art (DPhil in Contemporary Art History and Theory only), History (including History of Art and the History of Architecture); Linguistics, Philology and Phonetics; Medieval and Modern Languages (covering most European languages and their literature); Music; Oriental Studies (including Far Eastern and Middle Eastern Studies, and the study of a wide range of languages); Philosophy; Theology and Religion; and the Film Aesthetics and Women’s Studies interdisciplinary courses.
The scholarship will cover the whole study period of the course you have chosen which normally lasts 1 Year. However, if your scholarship is offered for a course lasting more than one year, the continuation of your scholarship each year is subject to an annual renewal process based on satisfactory academic progress.
Successfull applicants will be eligible for the following benefits
- The Ertegun Scholarship will cover your course fees in full for the length of your study.
- You will receive a generous annual grant for living costs worth approximately £15,285 to cover the living costs at Oxford.
- Beneficiaries will also enjoy dedicated use of Ertegun House, which provides space for each Scholar for writing and research, as well as opportunities to participate in social occasions, lively lectures, performances and other activities developed expressly for the Scholars
- You must be applying for a new graduate course at the university of Oxford in one of the selected field described above
- You must meet the criteria for admission to the course of your choice at the university of oxford
- Applicants must ensure that they meet the language criteria for entry to the course of their choice
Interested applicants are advised to fill out the online application form required for admission to Oxford university for the course of their choice. You are advised to follow the following application procedure
- You will apply for the scholarship at the time of submission of your application for your preferred course
- Applicants are required to select ‘Mica and Ahmet Ertegun Graduate Scholarships in the Humanities’ in the Funding Section of the University’s Graduate Application Form.
- Please note that the online application form for October 2021 are already available from 1 September 2020
- Some courses managed by the Social Sciences Division are also eligible.
- Applicants must also complete a supporting statement and upload it as a pdf document together with your Graduate Application Form and other supporting documents as required by the course you are applying for.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here