Deadline : December 15, 2019
The Student Summer Research Fellowship (ETH SSRF) program offers undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to gain their first research experience in an area of their choice. The fellowship provided by the Computer Science Department of ETH takes place during two summer months and is open to all students worldwide. The department is committed to increasing diversity in the computer science area.
Research opportunities are available in the following areas:
- Theory and Algorithms
- Networked Systems and Parallel Computing
- Pervasive Computing and Cyberphysical Systems
- Information and System Security
- Data Management and Machine Learning
- Programming Languages and Software Engineering
- Visual Computing
- Stipend. Fellows at ETH Zurich will receive a monthly allowance of about CHF 1.750 to cover housing and living expenses. Travel and visa expenses will be covered as well. Students can claim the travel costs against receipts at the beginning of the program.
- Accommodation. Affordable housing during the research stay will be organized, once a candidate is accepted into the program. We will also provide information regarding visa applications (where required).
- Switzerland. Fellows have the opportunity to explore the vibrant culture of Zurich in the summer as well as the beautiful mountainous landscape of Switzerland in their free time
- You are enrolled in a study program (Bachelor or Master) in computer science or a closely related field (e.g., electrical engineering, mathematics, physics)
- Your expected graduation date in your current study program (Bachelor or Master) is January 2021 or later.
- You have 2 years of study completed by summer 2020 (Master students naturally satisfy this condition).
- The duration of the fellowship is fixed to the full two months of July and August. You can be present during the entire time.
- Language requirements: The program is fully conducted in English. Formal evidence is not required. However, the fellowship requires a good working knowledge of English. Your language ability may be assessed during an interview.