Deadline : April 30, 2022
Apply for the ETH Zurich E4D Continuing Education Scholarship to study in Switzerland. This prestigious scholarship programme is sponsored and funded through the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation. The main aim of this programme is to enhance the knowledge and skills of eligible future leaders from participating countries.
This programme aims to equip participants with the skills and ability to contribute to capacity development and poverty reduction in their home countries. The Engineering for Development (E4D) Continuing Education programmes at Zurich University are dedicated to academically trained specialists and managers who work for private and public enterprises in research, teaching or consulting.
This E4D Continuing Education Scholarship Programme is offered to applicants from Least Developed Countries, Low Income Countries and Lower Middle Income Countries who have successfully completed a recognized Master’s degree programmme
The Engineering for Development (E4D) Continuing Education Scholarship Programme scholarships will cover travel and living expenses to candidates from low-income countries to attend continuing education programmes at ETH Zurich.
For the whole duration for the scholarship, the programme will cover the following expenses expenses
- You will receive assistance for acquiring your visa
- Selected applicants will receive an Economy roundtrip ticket of a maximum amount of 2’000 CHF
- You will receive a monthly stipend to cover your Living costs for the duration of the programme
- The programme will cover your ETH general tuition fee waiver worth 660 CHF per semester
In order to apply for the scolarship, you msut meeet the following cnditions
- You must be a National/ Citizen of a Least Developed Country, Low Income Country and Lower Middle Income Country classified in the DAC-list of the OECD
- At the time of application, you must have completed recognized Master’s degree from a university
- Candidates must demonstrate proof of professional working experience of at least 2 years.
- You must prove sufficient English Language proficiency with a minimum standard of TOEFL level C1.
- Applicants must apply and be admitted in their programme of choice before submitting the scholarship application.
- You must be applying for any of the ETH Zurich continuing education programmes including MAS/CAS/DAS
Interested qualifying candidates must first apply and receive an ETH admission confirmation letter for their programme of choice. They must them complete the scholarship application form using the online portal. For you to complete your application, you will need the following documents
- Your most recent CV
- The ETH admission confirmation letter by the School for Continuing Education confirming your admission to MAS, DAS or CAS programme for the respective semester.
- Include your MSc or Masters Diploma, transcripts and certificates
- You must write a 1-2 page application letter outlining your motivation to attend the programme and the impact for the candidate’s career development and beyond
- Request 2 letter for recommendation from 2 professional referees
- A certificate of employment to be sent to the E4D programme office directly by your employer
- Proof of English level with a minimum TOEFL level C1
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here