Deadline : December 15, 2019 .
Apply for the Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Programme (ESOP). ETH Zurich supports excellent Master’s students with two scholarship programmes:
The Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Programme (ESOP) supports students with a scholarship, mentorship and a network of the ETH Foundation. The scholarship covers the full study and living costs during the Master’s degree course. The ETH-D Scholarship contains a partial stipend as well as additional offers by the Department (assistantship or additional scholarship).
- The Excellence Scholarship consists of a grant covering living and study expenses (CHF 12’000 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver. The scholarship starts with the Master’s degree programme and is awarded for the regular duration of the Master’s programme (three or four semesters).
- The ETH-D Scholarship consists of a partial stipend for living and study expenses (CHF 7’500 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver. The department will additionally provide a scholarship of CHF 3’000 per semester or offer an assistantship (with a payment of CHF 500 – 600 per month).
The scholarship starts with the Master’s degree programme and is awarded for the regular duration of the Master’s programme (three or four semesters).
The scholarship programmes are open to excellent students (national and international) wishing to pursue their Master’s degree at ETH Zurich.
There is only one application process for both Master scholarship programmes.
You must have:
- Very good result in Bachelor’s degree programme (top 10% of Bachelor’s degree programme = grade A)
- Reachability under the specified telephone number in your CV (the selection process includes a (Skype) interview in February)
Application documents for ESOP and ETH-D Scholarship
- Application form
- ESOP letter of motivation (1-2 pages)
- Pre-proposal for your Master’s thesis
- Two reference letters from professors
Reference letters must be submitted with the Master application online.
ETH students continuing a consequtive Master programme add the reference letters in closed envelopes to their ESOP application.