Deadline : May 31, 2020 .
Apply for the 2020 European Union Agency for Railways Traineeship Program. ERA looks for newly-qualified graduates who are willing to make a contribution to the everyday work of the Agency. The EU Agency for Railways is mandated to issue single safety certificates and vehicle (type) authorisations valid in multiple European countries and to ensure an interoperable European Rail Traffic Management System, in the development and implementation of the Single European Railway Area.
A standard traineeship lasts 10 months, starting on the 1st of September. Around 6 traineeships are available every year. The call for applications starts 4 months before the start of the traineeship, and remains open for a month.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits
- You will participate in real projects related to your specific background, along with the best professionals and within a welcoming and stimulating work environment.
You will receive a monthly grant of ca. €1,299.89 to which applies the weighting factor of France, reimbursement of travel expenses, paid leaves and training opportunities reserved for the staff.
- You will receive mentor ship from a Mentor who will guide you during your stay. Depending on your competences, you may also work in various fields not directly linked to railways, such as human resources, budget/finance, IT, communication, engineering, legal.
To be eligible, you need to fulfill the following criteria:
- Have a university degree (minimum 3 years of study);
- Have a very good knowledge of English language;
- Have a very good knowledge of a second language – for EU nationals, this must be an EU official language.
- Traineeships will be offered in priority to applicants who have not already been a trainee in a European institution or body.
- Trainees must have health coverage, whether provided by their countries’ healthcare systems, or private; we rely on you to organise your own health insurance during your stay with us.
What is expected of you:
- A contribution to ERA’s everyday tasks with a fresh point of view;
- A proactive attitude and eagerness to learn and have a fruitful cooperation.
Next session will start on 1st of September 2020. You have to fill in the application form, attach the supporting documents as described in the application form and submit it online.
To apply Click here