Deadline : August 6, 2021
Apply for the Flinders University Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP) Scholarship. The Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarships are dedicated to international students who wish to study at Flinders University. Scholarships are awarded to students, to undertake a Higher Degree by research at Flinders University.
The AGRTPS generally covers the international tuition fee offset along with a living stipend and Overseas Health Care cover. This is a research scholarship that is to students who are applying for a higher degree (Postgraduate) reserach programme. The duration of the scholarship is up to three years for a Research Doctorate degree and up to two years for a Research Masters degree.
To be awarded the AGRTPS, applicants must be excellent academic performing students who demonstrate outstanding aptitude for independent research. There are up to five (5) AGRTPS to be awarded at the Flinders University, based on academic merit, academic research training and research indicators and performance.
Candidates who apply and get selected for this scholarship will be eligible for the following benefits
- The AGRTPS will cover the international student tuition fees as charged by Flinders University for a Higher Degree by research.
- This Scholarship also includes an international tuition fee offset
- The scholarship will offer selected candidates a living stipend paid at the rate of $28,597, tax exempt and indexed annually
- You will receive an overseas Health Care coverage for the entire duration of the scholarship.
- International AGRTPS recipients who move to Adelaide from overseas will receive a establishment allowance of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares
To be eligible for the AGRTPS, you must fulfill the following program criteria
- Applicants for the programme must be International students who must not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship.
- You must meet University’s academic entry requirements for a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research of your choice.
- To be considered, you must have successfully completed a degree equivalent to an Australian First Class Hons degree
- Demonstrate sufficient English proficiency as set by the Flinders University
If you wish to apply for the AGRTPS program, you must first apply for admission for a Higher Degree by research (PhD or Master of Arts by research).
Upon recipient of your offer, you will then need to apply for the scholarship
You application will require you to submit the following information for a complete application process
- Applicants must contact an academic staff member and secure an informal agreement for supervision during your research.
- You will be required to submit evidence of your publications. Accepted publications are those that not be more than 5 years old
- Candidates must include their latest certified copies of all university level academic transcripts, translated into English.
- You will be required to write a research proposal worth around 500 words outlining the problem, hypothesis or question and the methodology or approach of your proposed research.
- The programme requires you to send two (2) Academic Referee’s Confidential Report forms to two appropriate referees of your choice which must be returned to [email protected] by August 6, 2021.
- You will also be requested to submit a CV detailing your past work experience, all research experience, and a full list of cited publications should be included with your application.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here