Deadline : May 16, 2021
Applications for the Forrest Research Foundation Fellowships Program In Australia are now open. The Forrest Research Fellowships are dedicated to outstanding early-career researchers who wish to carry out research activities in Australia. These fellowships are open to candidates of any nationality and working in any discipline. Researchers can choose to carry out their research at any of the Western Australia’s five participating universities.
Usually, fellows under the Forrest Fellowship program are early-stage post-doctoral researchers who demonstrate outstanding academic history, made significant personal research contributions within and beyond their discipline and are ready to take their skills and expertise to the next level. To be a Forrest Fellow, you must have been among the top performing students in your undergraduate and graduate studies.
Are you a resilient researcher who has learned from life’s challenges?. Do you have long-standing commitment to your chosen field? do you posses strong desire to share your ideas, teach and learn from others? Then this is a perfect opportunity to take your career to the next level. Fellowships will be carried at Curtin University, Edith Cowan University, Murdoch University, Notre Dame University (Fremantle Campus) and The University of Western Australia.
If you apply and get selected for this scholarship, you will be eligible for the following benefits
- Fellows will receive a salary consistent with a Level A Step 8 appointment. This may be compared University of Western Australia Salary Scales approximately $95,000 in salary plus 17% superannuation.
- You will receive an accommodation allowance worth $21,447 per year.
- Fellows will receive a once-off research and travel allowance worth to $12,000
- You will also receive an economy airfare to Perth from your residence.
To apply, you must meet the following application conditions
- Applicants from all countries all around the world are welcome to apply for the Fellows programme
- Candidates for the fellowship must be in their final year of PhD at the time of application
- Applicants must not have more than two years of post PhD conferral.
- Fellows must reside at Forrest Hall for the entire duration of the Fellowship.
- You must meet the requirements of a Forrest Fellow including mentoring of Forrest Scholars, ambassadorial duties for the Forrest Research Foundation and in providing leadership within Forrest Hall.
- To be considered, you must meet employment eligibility conditions at the nominated university.
To apply, you must contact the research group/department at a university where you wish to conduct your post-doctoral research. You must discuss your proporsals with your department and receive direct confirmation that your work will be mentored by a supervisor at the University.
To apply, applicants are requested to complete their applications and provide the following academic documents
- A full completed application form
- The candidate’s most recent Curriculum vitae
- You must include a Publications list of your recent works
- Include a Grants and awards list
- You must also include details of three academic referees
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here