Deadline: June 1, 2020
Forrest Scholars are at the forefront of world leading research in their chosen discipline. Their research has the potential to change the world.
Forrest Fellowship offers early-stage post-doctoral researchers who have out standing academic profiles and have made significant personal research contributions to their discipline.
Applicants who wish to study in the fields represented by strong research groups at Western Australian universities are particularly encouraged to apply. As measured by the 2012 Australian Government research ranking exercise, Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA), these teams are working in:
- Chemical Sciences
- Agricultural and Veterinary Sciences
- Medical and Health Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Commerce, Management, Tourism and Services
- Psychology and Cognitive Sciences
- Studies in Creative Arts and Writing
- Language, Communication and Culture
- History and Archaeology
- Salary consistent with a Level A Step 8 appointment (for example The University of Western Australia Salary Scales approximately $95,000 in salary plus 17% superannuation).
- Research Training Program Stipend: A Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend or equivalent university postgraduate research scholarship stipend valued at $27,596 per annum in 2020 and indexed annually, or a higher value to be determined by the enrolling university
- Accommodation Allowance:
- An accommodation allowance valued at $20,697 in 2019 and subject to annual indexation. The allowance is available to cover accommodation costs of a 1 bedroom studio apartment at Forrest Hall. If a Forrest Scholar is granted a residency exemption by the Forrest Research Foundation Governors, the accomodation allowance may be used to contribute towards the cost of other residential accommodation
- Relocation and Research Travel Allowance:
- International Forrest Scholars will also receive an International Research Training Program (RTP) Fees Offset Scholarship or equivalent university international fee scholarship which covers the full international tuition fees and overseas student health cover.
- Domestic Forrest Scholars will receive a Domestic Research Training Program (RTP) Fees Offset Scholarship which provides exemption from the requirement to pay tuition fees for the duration of the scholarship.
Scholars will be selected from international and Australian applicants who demonstrate an outstanding academic ability to undertake research work with the potential to change the world we live in
Applications will be assessed on the basis of each applicant’s:
- To be eligible to apply applicants must be in their final year of PhD or no more than two years post PhD conferral.
- Applicants must reside at Forrest Hall for the duration of the Fellowship.
- Applicants must be intending to meet the requirements of a Forrest Fellow including mentoring of Forrest Scholars, ambassadorial duties for the Forrest Research Foundation and in providing leadership within Forrest Hall.
- Applicants must meet employment eligibility conditions at the nominated university.
Applications are now open for at least 3 fellowships on offer in the 2021 Forrest Fellowship round. Applications close at 11.00pm Australian Western Standard Time on Monday 1 June 2020.
To apply, Click here