Deadline : March 21, 2021
Apply for the 2021 French-African Foundation Young Leaders Programme. The French-African Foundation launched the Young Leaders program as a response to the immense global challenges which require a new generation of leaders whose ambition is to become true agents of change.
Participants in the programme are usually talent, passion African and French nationals who exhibit shared values that have the potential to contribute to transformative change in Africa and in France. This program represents an exceptional opportunity to engage with other candidates as well as with national and continental leaders in the public and private sector.
Especially for this year, as a matter of urgency, the French-African Foundation is expanding the capacity of the Young Leaders program three-fold, rasining the number od participants from 30 to 100 selectees. The main focus and major activities of this year’s programme are as described below.
- As part of 100 other young leaders, you wil have the opportunity to take part in an induction and wrap-up seminars, where you will have the opportunity to express your expectations.
- Sessions in France will be led by Egon Zehnder, the world’s largest privately held executive search firm.
- You and other participants will meet with major stakeholders from corporations, SMEs, mid-level business, start-ups, and members of key associations and institutions.
- On a special note, this year’s program pays special attention to the development of France and Africa’s sports industries.
- You will also participate in hands-on workshops dealing with media training, war school type decision-making sequences, and much more.
- Young leaders will be trained in the art of diplomacy, under the leadership of leading PR agencies in France and Senegal, with a focus on resilience,2021s rallying theme.
- You will participate in High-level meetings with leaders from the public and private sector
- Participants will benefit from excellent opportunities for mentorship, training and networking
- You will have media exposure through the programme
- The programme will pay for your flights and accommodation covered to participate in the programme
- Applicants for the programme must be French nationals or the nationals of any African country.
- You must be between the ages of 28 and 40 years in order to participate
- Candidates must be fluent in English, in addition to fluency in French or a demonstrated interest to learn.
- You must demonstrate applied skills and experiences in any domain say, manufacturing and industry, services, public administration, agriculture, health, science, education, tech, culture and art, media, sports, community among others.
- Candidates should demonstrate engagement across public and private sectors, and across geographical borders.
- You must provide proof of leadership, commitment, and a sustained involvement for a minimum of three years, that impacts your community, country, or sub-region.
You application must be submitted online before the deadline of March 21, 2021. For the 2021 edition, the programme is organized around the theme of “resilience”, where 100 candidates will be selected. 50 Young Leaders will participate to the seminar in France and 50 Young Leaders will participate to the seminar in Senegal. You will need the following documents
- A copy of your passport;
- Your most recent Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- Applicants must Submit a video (3 minutes maximum) answering these questions below
- Can you introduce yourself in a few words ?
- Why do you want to join the French-African Young Leaders program ?
- How would you describe your link with France and Africa and what is your vision of the African continent and its relations with the world ?
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here