Deadline: October 31, 2020
Apply for the Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship for International Students. Applicants come from Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe. Students in any subject area are eligible to apply, if they demonstrate excellent school or academic merit, wish to study in Germany, are committed to the values of social democracy and live by them.
Scholarships are awarded to highly-performing students and include a comprehensive seminar programme to help enhance the candidates’ social competences and academic skills. Individual support by an on-site liaison lecturer is another benefit of the sponsorship.
Each year up to 40 students are awarded FES sponsorships. They are paid a monthly amount of EUR 750 in Bachelor’s, Diplom, Magister, state examination programmes or EUR 850 or, respectively, when doing a Master’s course. Furthermore, costs for health insurance are funded and scholars with a child receive a family allowance of EUR 276. The scholarship does not have to be repaid.
- International students receive a monthly base amount of EUR 750 in a Bachelor’s, Diplom, Magister or state examination programme or EUR 850 in a Master’s course.
- In addition, costs for health insurance are funded and scholars with a child receive a family allowance of EUR 276. The scholarship does not have to be repaid
- Particularly gifted students from Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe. The candidates’ aptitudes and personalities show excellent promise for an academic or professional career. Moreover, candidates are expected to show commitment to the values of social democracy.
- admission to study or enrolment at a state or state-recognized higher-education institution in Germany
- sufficient knowledge of German, although the courses are held in English. This means a ‘Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang’ of at least DSH level 2, a ‘Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache’ of at least level 4 or a ‘Zertifikat C 1’ by a Goethe Institute
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit Friedrich Ebert Foundation .