Deadline : April 1, 2023
Apply for Ghent University Top-up Grants at Ghent University in Belgium for the academic year 2023. Ghent University offers several Top-up Grants each year, to applicants from OESO-DAC countries. To qualify, you must be applying to study for a master’s degree at Ghent University. The grants programme is dedicated to new prospective students applying for a master or master-after-master programme taught in English at Ghent University.
The grants application procedure is incorporated in the normal application scheme to obtain admission. Therefore only students that are academically admitted to the university will be considered for the scholarship. Each degree department will select a list of 3 top-students After the applications close. This will then be forwarded to the selection committee. However, in case you wish to stress your passion and need the grant, you may contact the degree program department and motivate them as to why they should select you on their their shortlist of candidates.
Therefore, to be sure of a chance of being selected as one of the top three (3) students from your department, apply for admission in time, make sure you submit all the relevant documents. In case you think that you have a motivating reason as to why you need to be selected, contact your department with this reason.
Ghent University is one of the top ranking universities in the Dutch-speaking region of Europe. In fact, Ghent University is one of the best and fastest growing Higher Education Institutions in the whole of Europe. The university boosts over 3,000 academic staff members who are committed to the university’s mission of providing academic excellence and enhancing research.
For the 2023/24 academic year, the university is offering 10 scholarships covering the following benefits
- You will receive a monthly allowance worth € 1,000 for the entire duration of your programme
- Recipients will receive an all-in insurance covering health, civil liability and repatriation
- Please note that this grant does not cover tuition fees, However, grant recipients pay the same tuition fees as EEA students.
To apply for the scholarship, you must fulfill the following conditions:
- You must be a new student who has secured admission for English-taught master degree programmes or a master after master programmes at Ghent University.
- Applicants must be citizens of a country on the longlist of the OESO-DAC country list.
- Your masters degree course must be offered in English
- Applicants must have a bachelor degree when applying for a Master programme.
- Candidates who are applying for a Master-after-Master programme must have completed a Master degree.
- There is no strict age limit, however it is recommended that applicants are below 40 years.
Things to note
- This grant is offered to OESO-DAC countries. No separate application form is required, all you have to do is apply for admission
- The grant is offered per month, for the entire duration of your studies
- Selection for the grant is based on merit and is done by each degree department. 3 top students are selected from the list of all admitted student in each department and is forwarded for the general selection process.
- The grant does not cover tuition fees however, if grant recipients pay the a reduced tuition fee similar to that of EEA students
Please note that there is no separate application form since the application procedure has been incorporated in the normal application scheme to obtain admission. This means that you must apply and secure admission for your degree programme of choice, if you wish to be considered for the scholarship.
During the selection process, the coordinators of each English-taught master programme will propose their top 3 applicants to the Committee for Development Cooperation (CDC). The Committee for Development Cooperation will then make a selection of the applications based on the recommendations forwarded from a working group of this Committee, and on the following criteria
- Your qualifications for the Top-up grant at Ghent university
- Although there is no strict age limit, applicants below 40 years are preferred
- The significance and importance of your master’s programme to your country
- Validation of the knowledge in the student’s country
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here