Deadline : March 1, 2021
Apply for Ghent University Top-up Grants at Ghent University in Belgium for the academic year 2021. Ghent University offers several Top-up Grants each year, to applicants from OESO-DAC countries. To qualify, you must be applying to study for a master’s degree at Ghent University. The grants programme is dedicated to new prospective students applying for a master or master-after-master programme taught in English at Ghent University.
The grants application procedure is incorporated in the normal application scheme to obtain admission. Therefore only students that are academically admitted to the university will be considered for the scholarship. The programme you apply for will decides which top-student applicant will be in their top 3 list. This will then be forwarded to the selection committee. However, in case you wish to stress your passion and need the grant, you may contact the study program and motivate them as to why they should take you up in their shortlist of candidates.
Ghent University is one of the top ranking universities in the Dutch-speaking region of Europe. In fact, Ghent University is one of the best and fastest growing Higher Education Institutions in the whole of Europe. The university boosts over 3,000 academic staff members who are committed to the university’s mission of providing academic excellence and enhancing research.
For the 2021 academic year, the university is offering 11 scholarships covering the following benefits
- You will receive a monthly allowance worth € 1000 for the entire duration of your programme
- Recipients will receive an all-in insurance covering health, civil liability and repatriation
To apply for the scholarship, you must fulfill the following conditions:
- You must be a new student who has secured admission for English-taught master degree programmes or a master after master programmes at Ghent University.
- Applicants must be citizens of a country on the longlist of the OESO-DAC country list.
- Your masters degree course must be offered in English
- Applicants must have a bachelor degree when applying for a Master programme.
- Candidates who are applying for a Master-after-Master programme must have completed a Master degree.
- There is no strict age limit, however it is recommended that applicants are below 40 years.
Please note that there is no separate application form since the application procedure has been incorporated in the normal application scheme to obtain admission. This means that you must apply and secure admission for your degree programme of choice, if you wish to be considered for the scholarship.
During the selection process, the coordinators of each English-taught master programme will propose their top 3 applicants to the Committee for Development Cooperation (CDC). The Committee for Development Cooperation will then make a selection of the applications based on the recommendations forwarded from a working group of this Committee, and on the following criteria
- Your qualifications for the Top-up grant at Ghent university
- Although there is no strict age limit, applicants below 40 years are preferred
- The significance and importance of your master’s programme to your country
- Validation of the knowledge in the student’s country
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here