Deadline : October 15, 2021
Apply for the 2021 GIST Graduate Scholarships for International Students for the fall admission session. The Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST) is a renown research-oriented university located in Gwangju, South Korea. GISI is one of the most student friendly and prestigious school in the science and technology.
The University boosts a rich academic history and world class ranking on the international stage. In fact, the university was ranked 1st in the number of citations per professor in South Korea for 14 consecutive years. Gist also Ranks 4nd in QS World University.
All international graduate students who apply and receive admission at GIST are awarded a graduate scholarship. Therefore, applicants must meet the admission criteria for admission onto one of the Master’s degree or PhD programmes offered at GIST. It normally takes two years to finish an M.S. program and four years for a Ph.D. program. Usually, the set completion times for the M.S., Ph.D. and M.S./Ph.D. programs are three years, seven years and eight years respectively.
- The scholarship will exempt you from paying the 3,415,000 won Tuition fee charged per semester for graduate studies
- Admitted international students will receive a Student allowance with 140,000 won per month for M.S. students and 295,000 won per month for Ph.D. students
- You will also be eligible for a International Student grant worth 120,000 won for both Master’s and PhD
- Students participating in research projects will be eligible for a Research Assistantship worth 4,785,384 won per year for Master’s and 12,263,262 won per year for PhD.
- The University will also provide Flight Reimbursement to all admitted Incoming International Students for a one-way flight to Korea
- You will also receive 80% support for private health insurance coverage
- Graduate scholarships at GIST are open to all international non Korean students from all around the world
- Applicants for Master’s degree programmes must have completed a Bachelor’s degree in a field related to the Master’s degree they are applying for
- PhD applicants must have graduated with a related Master’s degree at the time of application for you must demonstrate sufficient English language proficiency with a language result equivalent to 80 for TOEFL(iBT), 550 for TOEFL(PBT), 6.5 for IELTS and 327 for New TEPS
- Student must be able to complete at least 9 credits in their previous semester in order to be awarded teh Student Allowance
- For the International student scholarship grant, you must achieved a GPA of 3 out of 4.5 in your previous semester
- Students are expected to maintain full-time student status and continuous registration until the completion of all requirements
To apply, you must follow the procedure below
- Complete and Submit the online application for admission using the online application porta. You must also attach copies of the required documents.
- Once your application ha been valuated and confirmed, the International Admissions Coordinator notify you
- After receiving a notification, you must then Completion of enrollment process by submitting the required documents as hard copies and paying the Matriculation Fee. (Please note that the Matriculation Fee can be waivered for those financial difficulties)
You must submut the following documents during the online application and as hard copies after recieveing a notification
- Your Official degree certificates and transcripts
- Request two (2) letters of recommendation which must be prescribed in sealed envelopes
- Submit an official English proficiency test score report
- You must include a copy of your passport
- If you wish to conditionally be considered without English Proficiency test scores, you must submit a certificate of English language proficiency issued from previous University.
- Applicants who wish to apply for a Matriculation fee waiver must fill out the Matriculation Fee waiver application in the online application form, and upload a prescribed recommendation letter written by their department chair from their previous university
Hard copies for the required documents must be sent to:
Section of Graduate Admissions, Unit 323, GIST College A GIST 123 Cheomdangwagi-ro, Bukgu, Gwangju, 61005 Republic of Korea
Email: [email protected]
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here