Goethe Goes Global Master Scholarship to Study in Germany
Deadline: Rolling Basis
Goethe University’s Master scholarship programme is a groundbreaking project, and unique in the academic landscape of Germany. For a period of five years (2016-2020) we will be offering 20 scholarships per year for various MSc and MA courses with a special emphasis on research. If your primary motivation is research, come and join their highly international research community!
They are seeking outstanding candidates who are interested in joining one of our MA or MSc programmes, which are deeply embedded in their strongest research units (Centers of Excellence, collaborative research centers, and LOEWE CENTERS).
The purpose of the scholarship is to foster your academic career, to enable you to become involved in existing research projects and to actively support you during your Master’s degree studies. A Master’s degree is the prerequisite for starting a PhD in one of Goethe University’s seminal research units.
Innovation takes place beyond the boundaries of disciplines and cultures, therefore internationalisation lies at the core of Goethe University’s efforts in research and teaching. We believe this is the right response to global challenges.
- A monthly stipend of 1,000 € for the standard period of study in a Master programme at Goethe-University (generally 2 years)
- Excellent academic supervision by professors and academic staff who work in most cases in the university’s most distinguished research units
- The option to write your Master’s thesis and other seminar papers or do an internship in their respective research unit
- Support and orientation by an experienced Master’s student buddy during your studies
- Access to seminars focusing on professional skills at our Graduate Academy GRADE, normally open only to PhD students and postdocs
- Innovative research environment and networks to fellow scholarship holders and other advanced researchers
- Career support through Goethe University’s Research Support Office
- Insight and involvement in the activities of multidisciplinary research groups at Goethe University
- You are looking for an interesting Master’s programme and are considering a PhD in the long run?
- You want a platform to exchange ideas with other international researchers about the topics you are passionate about?
- You are seeking hands-on experience in research under the supervision of excellent professors in a renowned university with state-of-the art facilities?
- You need a stepping stone to start a successful, international career and funding for your Master’s programme?
- Proof of language skills. This basically means English language skills that need to be proven either by university entrance qualifications or a foreign language certificate.
- Proof of courses in the Bachelor’s programme that are relevant to the Master’s programme
- letter of motivation
- letter of recommendation
To apply, Click here