Deadline : February 15, 2022
Applications for the Fully Funded Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarships are now open for international students for the 2022/2023 academic session. Each year, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs invites eligible students to apply for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship programme to study at different universities in Brunei Darussalam.
This scholarship award gives international applicants the opportunity to undertake Diploma, Undergraduate Degree and Postgraduate Master’s Degree at participating institutions and universities in Brunei Darussalam. Applicants can choose to study at one of the universities below.
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD)
- The Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA)
- Kolej Universiti Perguruan Ugama Seri Begawan (KUPU SB)
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB)
- Politeknik Brunei (PB).
Accepted applicants will receive the following benefits
- Scholarship recipients will be exempted from paying tuition fees. These may include acceptance, examination, registration and orientation fees. The exemption is valid for the full duration of the programme;
- You will receive an economy class air-ticket for your travel to Brunei Darussalam from your home country. At the end of the your study stay, you will receive an economy class air-ticket from Brunei Darussalam to back to your home country.
- Scholarship recipients will also receive a monthly personal allowance worth BND$500.00 to cover their personal expenses
- You will also receive a monthly meals allowance worth BND$150.00
- There is also an annual book allowance worth BND$600.00.
- Scholarship recipients will receive accommodation at the residential college of the University/ Polytechnic where they will be studying
- You will be eligible for a baggage allowance for transporting your personal belongings on your way back to your home country upon completion of the programme. Allowances are distributed as below
- Allowance worth BND$250.00 to a country within the ASEAN region.
- An allowance worth BND$500.00 to a country outside the ASEAN region.
- You will also be eligible for a comprehensive insurance for the whole duration of the Scholarship.
- Applications are open to non Brunei Darussalam international applicants
- You must be a citizens of though not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth and OIC member countries.
- At the time of application, you must be between the ages of 18-25 if you are applying for an Undergraduate and Diploma programme
- Applicants for for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programmes must not exceed the age of 35.
- The scholarship award is not eligible to Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
- You must not hold any other concurrent scholarship, fellowship, grant or loan without the knowledge of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Applicants must download the scholarship application form from the link provided below.
- You must then fully complete the application form, which must then be endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the National Focal Point for scholarships in your home country.
- Along with your completed application form, you must also submit a security clearance statement from your National Security Agency or Police Station. This statement must certify that you are clear from any civil and criminal charges
- The Completed application form along with supporting documents must then be emailed to the following address:
Below is a list of supporting documents that you need to sublit along with the application form
- Recent passport size photographs.
- Certified true copies of academic qualifications and other supporting documents (i.e. certificates, testimonials, transcripts).
- Certified English translations of supporting documents in case your original documents wee not issued in English.
- A Statement of Purpose
- Certified true copies of Birth Certificate and Passport.
- Security Vetting from country of origin/residence.
To download the application form, Click here
For more information and how to apply, visit the official website here