Deadline : February 21, 2020 .
The Government of Mauritius scholarships program 2020 is now open. The Government of the Republic of Mauritius is offering scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union or of African Commonwealth countries for full-time, on-campus undergraduate (diploma/degree) and postgraduate programmes tenable in public Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in Mauritius.
- The Scholarship will support successful candidates in meeting their tuition fees and in contributing to their living expenses during their studies in Mauritius.
- Furthermore, the scholarship also covers a return airfare by the most economical route.
- This will be valid for travel from the country of origin at the beginning of the studies and back to the country of origin upon successful completion of studies.
- For undergraduate programmes, applicants should be above 18 years of age and should not have reached their 26th birthday by the closing date of application.
- For Master’s programmes, applicants should not have reached 35 years and, for PhD programmes, applicants should not have reached 45 years by the closing date of application.
- Applicants must have already applied for a full-time on-campus programme (Diploma, Degree, Master’s or PhD) at a public Higher Education Institution in Mauritius (listed in Section 8 in the Guidelines for Applicants) for academic year starting in 2019.
- The scholarship will be for a maximum duration as indicated in the table below or the minimum course duration whichever is lesser.
- In case the language of instruction is not English in the qualifying examination, the candidate will have to provide a valid TOEFL test result with a minimum score of 550 (paper based) or 213 (computer based) or 79 (internet based) or valid IELTS test results with a minimum score of 5.5 or an acceptable proof of English Language proficiency.
- Application for the scholarship can only be made on the application form, duly filled-in. Section 5 of the application form should be endorsed and completed by the Nominating Agency in the country of citizenship of the applicant.
- An application under this Scheme is to be made solely through the Nominating Agency responsible for the processing of scholarships in the country of citizenship of the applicant. Such a Nominating Agency, which may typically be part of the Ministry of Education in the country of the applicant, will then shortlist and endorse the applications of a maximum of ten (10) nominated candidates (indicating clearly the level of studies for each nominated candidate.
All documents to be submitted to the Ministry of Education and Human Resources, Tertiary Education and Scientific Research of Mauritius at the address mentioned below for a final selection.
The Senior Chief Executive,
Ministry of Education and Human Resources, Tertiary Education and Scientific Research
(Attn: Tertiary Education and Scientific Research Division)
MITD House, Pont Fer, Phoenix 73544.
Republic of Mauritius
(Email: s[email protected] )