Deadline : May 19, 2023
Apply for the 2023 Government of Mauritius Scholarships Program. The Mauritius Africa Scholarship Scheme invites applicants for this annual scholarship programme. This scholarship programme is to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union or African Commonwealth countries. Eligible students may apply for an undergraduate, Masters or PhD programmes at one of the participating universities in Mauritius.
Application for this scholarship programme are solely made through the Nominating Agency in your home country, that collects, process and submit scholarship applications on your behalf. Usually, the Nominating Agency is or part of the Ministry of Education in your home country.
The work of the nominating agency is to collect, process, endorse and shortlist scholarship applications. Each Nominating Agency of each participating country must select a maximum of 15 qualifying candidates with five selections in each category of Undergraduate, Masters and MPhil/PhD and submit the duly completed application forms
Therefore, if you wish to apply for the Mauritius Africa Scholarship Scheme, contact the Nominating agency in your country, usually the Ministry of education, and express your interest. Scholarships are open for Undergraduate Diploma, Undergraduate Degree, Master’s Degree or PhD
Selected applicants for the 2023 selection session will receive the following benefits
- The Scholarship will cover full tuition fees for their selected degree programme.
- Successful candidates will receive a monthly stipend to contributing to their living expenses during their studies in Mauritius.
- You will also receive a return airfare by the most economical route from your country to Mauritius at the start of your studies, and upon completion of your studies.
- You must be resident citizen of member state of the African Union or African Commonwealth country
- Applicants for undergraduate programmes must be above the age of 18 but should not have have reached their 26 birthday by the closing date of application.
- If applying for a Master’s programmes you must be younger than 35 years at the time of application
- For applicants applying for PhD programmes, they must not have reached 40 years by the closing date of application.
- You must have applied for admission into a full-time on-campus programme (Diploma, Degree, Master’s or PhD) at a public Higher Education Institution in Mauritius
- Eligible and participating Universities for the academic year starting in 2023 can be found here
To apply, first submit your application for admission for your preferred degree programme at one of the participating universities in Mauritius. You must then contact the nominating Agency in your home country to express your interest in this scholarship programme. (Nomination Agencies are usually Ministries of Education or Foreign Affairs Make sure you conform with your country)
A Nominating Agency is typically part of the Ministry of Education in the country of the applicant. The Nominating Agency will be responsible for receiving your application. They will evaluate and ensure that the applicants meet all eligibility criteria and that all applications are complete prior to submission to the Mauritian Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology.
The nominating agency must process and submit your online application by the deadline of May 19, 2023 and hard copies by the deadline of May 26, 2023. Find below the documents you will need for your application
- A fully completed Application Form
- Certified copies of educational certificates
- Your certified copies of transcripts
- Certified copy of Birth Certificate
- A certified copy of bio-data page of passport, if available;
- Medical certificate duly filled-in and signed by a registered medical Practitioner in Section 6 of the Application Form. This should be appropriately stamped or sealed;
- Copy of letter of conditional offer by a public Higher education institution in Mauritius (if available at time of application) OR
- A copy of acknowledgement notice from the Mauritian public HEI that an application for a seat has been made and the appropriate application fee has been paid; and
- Study/Research plan for candidates opting for a Master’s and doctoral study.
- Supporting statement from a named supervisor from a University in Mauritius for PhD candidates
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here