Deadline : April 1, 2020 .
Apply for the Government of Slovak Republic Bilateral Scholarships for selected International Students. The Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic offers bilateral scholarship to foreign nationals for the academic year 2020/2021, based on bilateral agreements (between the governments/ministries).
The scholarship is usually designed for study stays of students (bachelor/master level) and/or or research stays of PhD students. The scholarship cannot be awarded for a complete course of study leading to a degree (unless stated otherwise in the agreement).
The length of scholarship (usually ranges from 3 to 10 months), the categories of eligible recipients (students on bachelor/master level/researchers/ teachers /PhD students) depends upon the agreement concerned. If not specified otherwise, the stays shall take place not earlier than 15 September 2020 and not later than 30 August 2021.
The amount of monthly scholarship for academic year 2020/2021, if not specified otherwise in bilateral agreement:
- For students (bachelor/master level): 280 € per month.
- For PhD students: 330 € per month.
- For university teachers or researchers: 550 € per month.
- Application procedure:
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a national Belarus, Belgium-French Community/ Walloon region, Bulgaria, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Egypt, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Israel, Kazakhstan, Macedonia, Moldavia, Montenegro, Norway, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, Slovenia, Serbia, Ukraine.
- The communication language at Slovak institutions is Slovak (alternatively Czech) or English. In case the applicant does not command Slovak (Czech) language on the satisfactory level, it is necessary to state the level of English in the application (and if possible to provide also official confirmation of language skills/certificate)
Below are the required documentation
- structured curriculum vitae,
- motivation letter (stating the personal and professional motivation of the applicant for the stay in Slovakia),
- detailed study, teaching or research programme proposal,
- invitation letter or letter of acceptance from the host institution (if applicable)
- the copy of the passport in case of students from third countries
- students (bachelor/master level): 2 recommendations from university teachers of the university that issued the transcript of study records,
- PhD students: 1 recommendation from the PhD thesis supervisor,
- University teachers and researchers: 1 recommendation from the home institution (head of department, leader of the research group etc.)
- in case of students (bachelor/master level): transcript of study records for up to now study at the home institution,
- in case of PhD students, university teachers and researchers: list of own publications related to the research programme of the stay,
- Photo in size 3,5 cm x 4 cm (passport style photo) attached to each the original and the copy of the application form
To apply Click here