Deadline : May 24, 2022
Apply for the Green Talents International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development 2022 in Germany. Each year, the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) hosts the prestigious Green Talents International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development. This forum is particular aimed at promoting international exchange of innovative green all across various fields of research.
The award, under the patronage of Minister Anja Karliczek, honours young researchers each year. The winners come from numerous countries and scientific disciplines and are recognised for their outstanding achievements in making our societies more sustainable. Selected by a jury of German experts, the award winners are granted unique access to the country’s research elite.
The Green Talents Competition focuses on outstanding young scientists, who are active in the field of sustainable development. The German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) fosters interdisciplinary approaches in this regard. The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) form the framework for this year’s competition and applicants must indicate, which SDGs their research is contributing to.
Are you a young sustainability researcher looking to further develop your innovative ideas? Does your research have the potential to make this earth a better place?. The award is open for you, for all disciplines!
Benefits for applicants are as below.
- Selected applicants will be invited to a multi-day Virtual Science Forum in Germany (which takes place in October).
- You will also participate in a Fully Funded research stay for a duration of three months at a German Institution of your choice.
- The BMBF will cover their travel expenses to/from Germany for the research stay.
- BMBF will provide you with a monthly allowance for the entire duration of your research stay
- This allowance is intended to support you during your stay and will be sufficient for accommodation, insurance, food and your daily needs.
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria
- The programme is open to all Non-German applicants from all over the world, regardless of their countries of origin.
- You must be enrolment in a master’s or PhD programme or posses a degree (master’s/PhD) completed no more than three years before the end of the application process
- Applicants must have at most three years of professional work experience by the time of application.
- You must demonstrate a strong focus on sustainable development and an interdisciplinary approach in any field of sustainability research
- Applicants must demonstrate an excellent command of English
- You must demonstrate academic excellence with above-average grades
To apply, you should follow the following procedure and submit the required documents
- You first need to make sure that you meet the mandatory requirements in order to apply for the Green Talents Competition.
- You should create your application which must be submitted via the online tool. This will guide you through the application process.
- Forms with personal information and questions about your academic and professional career, including details about university degrees, research work, lists of publications.
- You will not have to upload a CV.
- Letters of recommendation
- Motivation letter
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here