Deadline : May 19, 2021
Apply for the Green Talents International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development 2021 in Germany. Each year, the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) hosts the prestigious Green Talents International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development. This forum is particular aimed at promoting international exchange of innovative green all across various fields of research.
The award, under the patronage of Minister Anja Karliczek, honours young researchers each year. The winners come from numerous countries and scientific disciplines and are recognised for their outstanding achievements in making our societies more sustainable. Selected by a jury of German experts, the award winners are granted unique access to the country’s research elite.
The Green Talents Competition focuses on outstanding young scientists, who are active in the field of sustainable development. The German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) fosters interdisciplinary approaches in this regard. The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) form the framework for this year’s competition and applicants must indicate, which SDGs their research is contributing to
Are you a young sustainability researcher looking to further develop your innovative ideas? Does your research have the potential to make this earth a better place?. The award is open for you, for all disciplines!
Benefits for applicants are as below.
- Selected applicants will be invited to a two-week Science Forumin Germany (which takes place in October).
- The BMBF will cover their travel expenses (to/from Germany and during the trip) as well as your meals and accommodation during the Science Forum.
- Costs for health insurance and visa fees cannot be covered and must be paid by the participants.
- BMBF will cover the round trip to Germany and back to your country of residence and also provide a monthly allowance when you return for your research stay the year after the Science Forum.
- This allowance is intended to support you during your stay and will be sufficient for accommodation, insurance, food and your daily needs.
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria
- You must be enrolment in a master’s or PhD programme or a degree (master’s/PhD) completed no more than three years before the end of the application process
- No more than three years of professional work experience (this excludes professional work experiences gained within the scope of an academic degree)
- Strong focus on sustainable development and an interdisciplinary approach in any field of sustainability research
- Proven excellent command of English
- Significantly above-average grades
- Not a German citizen nor a resident of Germany (individuals therefore not eligible to apply: German passport holders as well as anyone living in Germany at the time of application even if the residence is temporary)
To apply, you should follow the following procedure and submit the required documents
- You first need to make sure that you meet the mandatory requirements in order to apply for the Green Talents Competition.
- You should create your application which must be submitted via the online tool. This will guide you through the application process.
- Forms with personal information and questions about your academic and professional career, including details about university degrees, research work, lists of publications.
- You will not have to upload a CV.
- Letters of recommendation
- Motivation letter
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here