Deadline: May 31, 2020
Apply for the Haniel Foundation Master Scholarship At Willy Brandt School Of Public Policy. The Brandt School’s Master of Public Policy (MPP) is a two-year interdisciplinary degree program designed for young academics and professionals who wish to pursue a career in public service, including government agencies, international organizations and the non-profit sector. The MPP program equips future decision makers with the knowledge and practical skills they will need to advance the public interest and make sound policy decisions
The Haniel Foundation provides financial support for excellent applicants to the MPP program at the Willy Brandt School of Public Policy. Up to three Stipends per year can be awarded. One of the Stipends per year is co-financed by the Klaus-Tschira-Foundation.
The students selected will receive the following scholarship.
- Haniel Stipends cover:
- Costs of the tuition fees at the Brandt School for the two-year study period, i.e. EUR 6,400, paid in four installments of EUR 1,600.
- Haniel Stipends are awarded to applicants who demonstrate exceptional accomplishment and intellectual promise.
- Applicants should identify themselves strongly with the ideals and the mission of the Haniel Foundation and show how their own personal path intertwines with the foundation’s credo.
- Applicants from the following countries are eligible for funding:
- Europe and Central Asia: all EU-28-countries and EFTA-countries, Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
- Northern America: Canada, USA
- Oceania: Australia, New Zealand
Academic criteria requires applicants to have:
higher education entrance qualification (i.e. high school diploma, Abitur)
college or university degree (i.e. Bachelor, Master, Diploma, state exam, etc.) with a minimum duration of 6 semesters, ideally in subjects from the social sciences, economics, or law
professional work experience (minimum of one year)
above-average grades or above-average professional performance
analytical talent and pronounced interest in political problems
very good English language proficiency
To apply, follow the procedure below
- If you want to be considered for a Haniel Stipend, please submit your completed MPP online application no later than May 31 (also valid for applicants with EU citizenship).
- Indicate on your application that you want to apply for a Haniel Stipend and tell them about your reasons and qualifications in your statement of purpose.
- In case of admission to their program, you will receive an additional application form for the Haniel Stipend which should be sent back to them via e-mail within two weeks after receipt.