Deadline : December 1, 2021
Apply for the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) 2022/2023 in Hong Kong. This fellowships programme was established in 2009 by the Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong. The main aim of its establishment was attract the best and brightest students from all around the world and promote internationalization, opening up Hong Kong to the world.
This fellowships programme is dedicated to international applicants who wish to pursue their PhD studies in Hong Kong’s universities. Therefore candidates interested in the programme must apply for admission into a PhD programme at one of the participating Universities in Hong Kong. A list of participating Universities is as follows.
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Lingnan University
- The Education University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- City University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- University of Hong Kong
Hong Kong’s education system fosters lifelong learning and independent research, leading to a motivated, highly skilled and entrepreneurial workforce. Hong Kong welcomes an international workforce. Universities in Hong Kong offer special strengths amidst a wide choice of disciplines, developing the city into a regional and international hub for higher education and talent development.
If you are selected for this scholarship, you will receive the following benefits
- The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) runs for a total period of three (3) years.
- There is a total of 300 fellowships to be awarded to qualifying international applicants for the 2022/2023 academic year.
- Selected applicants will receive an annual stipend worth HK$332,800 or US$41,400
- You will also be eligible for a conference and research-related travel allowance worth HK$13,500 or US$1,730 a year.
- If your selected PhD programme takes more than three years to complete, you may receive additional support from your universities.
- This fellowship programme is open to applicants from any country around the world regardless of their work experience or ethnic background.
- Applicants must be planning to enroll in a PhD programme at one of the participating Universities in Hong Kong
- Suitable candidates are those who demonstrate outstanding academic performance in their previous studies.
- You must also posses research abilities and potential along with communication and interpersonal skills, and leadership abilities.
- You should first make an Initial Application online through the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme Electronic System (HKPFSES) and obtain an HKPFS Reference Number
- This should be done by 1 December 2021 and before submitting applications for PhD admission to your selected universities.
- Upon Recipient of your HKPFS Reference Number, your may now apply for admission into a PhD programme of your choosing at your prefer University. Remember to quote HKPFS Reference Number during the application.
- Applications for admission are limited to two programmes or departments at one or two universities.
- You will be able to submit your Initial application for the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme starting September 1, 2021. Applications for admission to Universities are accepted till December 1, 2021.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here