Deadline : December 1, 2020
Apply fro the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme 2021/2022 in Hong Kong. Established by the Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong in 2009, the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) aims at attracting the best and brightest students in the world to pursue their PhD studies in Hong Kong’s universities.
Hong Kong is a free and dynamic society where creativity and entrepreneurship converge. Strategically located in the heart of Asia, it is a cosmopolitan city offering global connectivity, security and rich diversity, and is home to a unique network of people who celebrate excellence and quality living.
Hong Kong’s education system fosters lifelong learning and independent research, leading to a motivated, highly skilled and entrepreneurial workforce. Hong Kong welcomes an international workforce. Universities in Hong Kong offer special strengths amidst a wide choice of disciplines, developing the city into a regional and international hub for higher education and talent development.
- The Fellowship will provide an annual stipend of HK$319,200 (approximately US$40,900) and a conference and research-related travel allowance of HK$13,300 (approximately US$1,700) per year for each awardee
- The benefits will be prided for a period up to three years
- A total of 300 PhD Fellowships will be awarded in the 2021/22 academic year.
- For awardees who need more than three years to complete the PhD degree, additional support may be provided by the chosen universities.
- Applicants are welcome from any country around the world irrespective of their prior work experience and ethnic background
- You should be seeking admission as new full time PhD students in the following eight universities,
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- Lingnan University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Education University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The University of Hong Kong
- Applicants should demonstrate outstanding qualities of academic performance, research ability / potential, communication and interpersonal skills, and leadership abilities.
- You should first make an Initial Application online through the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme Electronic System (HKPFSES) and obtain an HKPFS Reference Number
- This should be done by 1 December 2020 before submitting applications for PhD admission to your desired universities.
- You may choose up to two programmes / departments at one or two universities for PhD study under HKPFS 2021/22. These chosen programs should comply with the admission requirements of your selected universities and programmes.
- Right after the completing an initial application, you should submit full applications for their selected PhD programmes to the proposed universities quoting their HKPFS Reference Number before the universities’ respective deadlines.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here