Deadline: July 17, 2020
U.S. Mission is now accepting applications for the 2020-2021 Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program. This ten-month fellowship program is offered to mid-career professionals working at the policy level who have a record of leadership and a commitment to public service. Fellows are based at leading U.S. universities for ten-months to pursue self-designed programs to include independent study, coursework, and an internship with an organization in their field of expertise.
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program brings accomplished professionals from developing countries to the United States at a midpoint in their careers for a ten-month program of non-degree study and related professional experiences. The program seeks to foster an exchange of knowledge and mutual understanding between U.S. citizens and their professional counterparts. Successful applicants will be placed at participating universities in the United States for the August 2020-June 2021 period.
The Humphrey Fellowship provides:
• Round-trip economy international travel for the grantee;
• A monthly maintenance allowance and funding for books and professional activities;
• Tuition and university fees;
• Limited accident and sickness insurance for the grantee only.
• Agricultural and Rural Development;
• Economic Development/Finance and Banking;
• Natural Resources/Environmental Policy/Climate Change;
• Urban and Regional Planning;
• Communications/Journalism; Law and Human Rights;
• Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration; Human Resource Management;
• Trafficking in Persons, Prevention and Policy
• Technology Policy & Management;
• Educational Administration, Planning and Policy;
• Higher Education Administration, Teaching English as a Foreign Language;
• Public Health Policy and Management;
• HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention;
• Substance Abuse, Education, Prevention and Treatment.
Applicants for the Humphrey Fellowship must meet all of the following criteria:
• Have a Bachelor’s Degree;
• Have five (5) years of substantial professional experience in their field;
• Have demonstrated leadership qualities and a record of public service;
• Be fluent in English
- The application form
- Completed applications should be submitted online no later than June 20, 2019. Applications must detail the specific coursework, independent research, and internship intentions of the applicant and how they fit in his/her professional goals.
- Copies of certificates, transcripts and letters of recommendation should be uploaded onto each applicant’s online application
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit THE HUBERT H. HUMPHREY FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM , or contact your respective U.S Embassy in your country