Deadline : September 1, 2021
U.S. Mission is now accepting applications for the 2021-2022 Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program. This is a ten-month fellowship program dedicated to mid-career professionals working at the policy level. Applicants are expected to have a record of leadership and a commitment to public service. You will be based at one of the leading U.S. universities for a duration of ten-months, pursuing self-designed programs to include independent study, coursework, and an internship with an organization in their field of expertise.
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program brings accomplished professionals from developing countries to the United States at a midpoint in their careers for a ten-month program of non-degree study and related professional experiences. The program seeks to foster an exchange of knowledge and mutual understanding between U.S. citizens and their professional counterparts. Successful applicants will be placed at participating universities in the United States for the August 2022-June 2023 period.
During this year-long stay at one of the hosting American university, Fellows will be invited to take graduate courses relevant to their professional interests. However, its is important to note that the Humphrey Fellowship is not a degree program, therefore, participants will spend a considerable portion of their time engaged in professional development activities
Selected applicants for the Humphrey Fellowship will receive the following benefits
- You will receive a round-trip economy international travel to and from the United States
- Participants will be eligible for a monthly maintenance allowance and funding for books and professional activities;
- The program covers full tuition and university fees at the institution where you will carry out your fellowship
- There is also a Limited accident and sickness insurance for the grantee only.
- A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits and conferences
Rate This Post
User Review( votes)
The Eligible Fields for the programme include the following
- Agricultural and Rural Development;
- Economic Development/Finance and Banking;
- Natural Resources/Environmental Policy/Climate Change;
- Urban and Regional Planning;
- Communications/Journalism; Law and Human Rights;
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration; Human Resource Management;
- Trafficking in Persons, Prevention and Policy
- Technology Policy & Management;
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy;
- Higher Education Administration, Teaching English as a Foreign Language;
- Public Health Policy and Management;
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention;
- Substance Abuse, Education, Prevention and Treatment.
Applicants for the Humphrey Fellowship must meet all of the following criteria
- You must have graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree at the time of application
- Eligible candidates must have accumulated at least five (5) years of substantial professional experience in their field
- You must demonstrate leadership qualities and posses a record of public service;
- Applicants must be fluent in English as this will be the medium of communication throughout the whole programme
Please remember that application deadlines vary by country. Therefore, it is up to the nominating U.S. Embassy or Binational Fulbright Commission in your home country to set an appropriate deadline. With this in mind, it is important to note the Embassies and Commissions must submit their nominations to the Institute of International Education office in Washington, DC by October 1.
You are therefore advised to visit the U.S Embassy Hubert Humphrey Fellowship programme website in your country and confirm with the deadline as well as extra country specific application conditions. To complete your application, you will have to submit the following
- The online application form
- Completed applications should be submitted online before the deadline.. Applications must detail the specific coursework, independent research, and internship intentions of the applicant and how they fit in his/her professional goals.
- You will also submit copies of certificates, transcripts and letters of recommendation, to uploaded onto each applicant’s online application
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here