Deadline: May 15, 2020
Apply for the Humboldt Research Track funding Scholarship at Humboldt University of Berlin in Germany 2020. The Humboldt Research Track funding line is designed to support outstanding Master’s students from Humboldt-Universität who plan to pursue a PhD. Graduates from other universities may also be funded if they pursue a PhD at Humboldt-Universität.
The program offers funding for the transition phase between the end of a Master’s program and the beginning of PhD level research. Requirements for funding are excellent academic results and an original, high-quality PhD proposal. Applications may already be submitted during the Master’s studies, but funding can only start after graduation. The scholarship helps recipients to focus on the preparation of their PhD proposal.
Funding of 800 EUR per month is awarded for up to six months. Scholarship holders with children receive an additional 400 EUR a month for the first child, plus 100 EUR for each additional child. In exceptional cases, funding can be extended for up to an additional six months
- Outstanding Master’s students as well as graduates who plan to pursue their PhD at Humboldt-Universität or – if you graduated from Humboldt-Universität – at another university in Germany or abroad. To enable more prospective doctoral candidates with disabilities or chronic illnesses to prepare for a doctorate, applications from this target group will be given particular consideration.
- Excellent academic results or an excellent degree and an original, high-quality PhD proposal
Applications can be submitted via the online application portal only. Applications must include the following documents:
- Completed online application form,
- Curriculum vitae (max. 2 pages),
- Sketch of your research proposal (max. 2.250 characters),
- Certificates of your academic degrees, including certified translations and/or, if applicable, transcripts (of grades) for courses attended,
- Letter of recommendation from your Master thesis supervisor or from one of the instructors from your Master’s program,
- Expert review of your PhD proposal by the mentor at Humboldt-Universität you wish to work with during the funding period
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit Humboldt Research Track funding .