Deadline : July 15, 2021
Apply for the Humboldt Research Track funding Scholarship at Humboldt University of Berlin in Germany 2021. The Humboldt Research Track funding line is dedicated to passionate achieving Master’s students from Humboldt-Universität as well as students from other universities who wish to pursue a PhD programme at Humboldt-Universität. This programme is aimed at students who wish to to pursue a PhD program. Graduates from other universities may also be funded if they pursue a PhD at Humboldt-Universität.
The program offers you the ability to the transition from a Master’s program and the beginning of PhD level research. Applicants may apply for funding even during the Master’s studies, but funding can only start after graduation . Selection for successful will be based on excellent academic results and an original, high-quality PhD proposal.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits
- The program offers funding of 800 EUR per month for a period of up to six months.
- Selected scholars with children will receive an additional 400 EUR a month for the first child, plus 100 EUR for each additional child.
- Funding for your PhD can be extended for up to an additional six months in exceptional cases
To be eligible, you need to fulfill the following criteria:
- Applicants may be Master’s degree students and graduates from Humboldt Universität as well as from other universities
- You must be an outstanding Master’s students planning to pursue a PhD at Humboldt-Universität
- Applicants who graduated from from Humboldt Universität may also apply to do a PhD at another university in Germany or abroad.
- There is special consideration for prospective doctoral candidates with disabilities or chronic illnesses.
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent academic results and present high-quality PhD proposal at the time of application
Applicants interested in the programme must submit their applications using the online application portal. Applications for funding starting October 2021 open June 1, 2021 and close July 15, 2021.
Along with the online form, you will be requested to submit the following documents.
- Your most recent Curriculum vitae with a maximum of 2 pages
- A draft of your research proposal worth around 2.250 characters.
- Submit Diplomas and certificates of your academic degrees and transcripts of records
- In case your Certificates are not issued in English or German, including certified translations
- Request a Letter of recommendation from your Master thesis supervisor or from one of the instructors from your Master’s program,
- Applicants must also include an expert review of their PhD proposal by the mentor at Humboldt-Universität that they have selected to work with during their research.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here