Deadline : January 31, 2020 .
Apply for the Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People. Hungary provides high quality education in the heart of Europe. Today, there is a growing demand of international students to study in Hungary. Besides the quality of education and degrees recognised throughout Europe and beyond, students are attracted by the affordable living costs with an extremely favourable cost-to-value ratio, a safe and friendly living environment with convenient public transportation, the central location of the country in Europe, and the unspoiled natural beauties combined with a 2000 year-old, rich Hungarian history and several UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Hungary is also within the top countries with the highest number of scientific Nobel Prize Winners per capita, and a numerous scientific inventions from Vitamin C to Rubik’s cube and so on.
The core mission of the Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People is to provide the possibility of studying in Hungary for young Christian students living in the crisis regions of the world and/or being threatened in their country because of their faith. After completing their studies, the scholarship holders will return to help their home community with their gained knowledge, and they will participate in the reconstruction of war-destroyed countries and contribute to improvement of social situation and preservation of culture of Christian communities.
The Programme is managed by the State Secretariat for the Aid of Persecuted Christians and for the Hungary Helps Programme and is organized by Tempus Public Foundation.
- Tuition-free education o exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Monthly stipend
- bachelor’s, master’s and one-tier master’s level: monthly amount of HUF 128,520 (cca. EUR 400) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies
- doctoral level: the monthly amount of scholarship is HUF 140,000 (cca EUR 450) for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180,000 (cca EUR 570) for the second phase (4 semesters) - for 12 months a year, until completion of studies.
- Accommodation o free dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40,000 to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period (Please note that if the student does not live in the dormitory, then the HUF 40 000/month (cca. EUR 125) is only a contribution to rental costs, and in bigger cities – especially in the capital city – this contribution would not cover the full amount of rental costs.)
- Reimbursement of travel costs o HUF 200,000 /academic year (cca. EUR 640) Medical insurance o health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act LXXX of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65,000 (cca. EUR 205) a year/person
- The Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People is based on the cooperation between the State Secretariat for the Aid of Persecuted Christians and for the Hungary Helps Programme and Churches that pursue humanitarian activities in crisis regions
- For the 2020/21 academic year, the scholarship is announced for the citizens of the following countries: Egypt, Lebanese Republic, Republic of Iraq, State of Israel, Palestine, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Syrian Arab Republic, Republic of Kenya, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Republic of Armenia and Nigeria.
- Degree programmes at bachelor level and one tier master’s programmes are open to all applicants
- Master’s and doctoral programmes are open to those applicants who have completed their bachelor/master studies in the frame of the Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People in Hungary or are registered for the last semester of their studies in the 2019/2020 academic year as Scholarship for Christian Young People scholarship holders.
- Local Churches are to verify and prove that the applicant belongs to their religious community. Only those applicants can be awarded with the scholarship who have the recommendation from the Local Church, and their recommendation is approved by the State Secretariat for the Aid of Persecuted Christians and for the Hungary Helps Programme (List of Churches)
- Scholarship holders must have the relevant language and education certificates, degrees requested by the host university of the selected degree programme.
- Online application form, Motivation Letter,
- Approved recommendation,
- Proof of language proficiency and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian,
- School certificates and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian,
- Transcript of Records and its translation in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian,
- Medical certificate,
- Copy of Identification Document,
- Acceptance of Statement for Application.
All of the above application documents are compulsory for all applicants and must be submitted via the online application system by all applicants until 31st January, 2020 (23:59 Budapest time).
To apply Click Here