Deadline : May 16, 2021
Apply for the ICTP Master’s Programme in Medical Physics (MMP) Scholarship Programme 2021. This two-year advanced training programme in the field of medical physics is dedicated to young physicists mainly from low and medium income countries. The program is co-sponsored by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), supported by the International Organisation for Medical Physics (IOMP) and the European Federation of Organization for Medical Physics (EFOMP) and in collaboration with Trieste University Hospitals.
This Master’s Programme aims to provide young, promising graduates of physics or related fields with specialist training. Scholars will receive postgraduate theoretical and clinical training and at the end of the programme, you will be recognised as Clinical Medical Physicist in their home country.
The training runs for two (2) years. The first year will be spent at ICTP, Trieste, Italy, while the second year will be dedicated to clinical professional training in a Medical Physics Department of a hospital in the programme’s training network. Courses are held in English.
Eligible candidates can benefit from the following provisions
- This programme offers a number of full scholarships as well as partial scholarships
Scholarships are awarded with support from the IAEA, TWAS and ICTP.
- Full scholarships will include the following benefits
- You will receive coverage for your travel from and back to your country of origin
- Registration fees for the course will be covered by the programme
- You will receive a monthly stipend worth 900 euro in the first year and 1000 euro in the second
- Partial scholarship recipients will receive the following benefits
- You will receive support for travel from and back to your home country
- Scholars will receive coverage for registration fees
- You will also receive a monthly stipend worth 450 euro in the first year and 500 euros in the second year
To be considered for the program, you must fulfill the following conditions
- You must posses a minimum qualification equivalent to a MSc in physics or related fields.
- Demonstrate exceptional performance from your previous university study and evidence of research activity and professional experience in the field.
- You must be under the age of 30 in order to apply for the Master’s Programme
- Candidates must be coming from countries that are members of the United Nations, UNESCO or IAEA
- You must demonstrate sufficient English language Proficiency, since the Postgraduate Diploma Programme is offered in English.
- As an applicant, you must have adequate knowledge of the following topics in the specific field for which you are applying
Applicants must submit their applications using the online application portal. In addition to completing an online application form, you will also be required to upload the following support documents.
- Your most recent CV
- Transcripts and Diplomas of your university degree
- Request a letter of recommendation from senior scientists familiar with your work.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here