Deadline : Open
Apply for the IDB-KAUST Joint PhD Scholarship Program in Saudi Arabia. The IDB-KAUST PhD Scholarship Program was launched within the scope of the IDB Merit Scholarship Program and the KAUST PhD Program. This scholarship program provides citizens of IDB member countries who eligible to apply for the scholarship a chance to study at KAUST for a full-time 4-year PhD.
The IDB-KAUST Program is jointly funded by IDB and KAUST. The program runs annually and awards up to 5 scholarships to selected applicants. This is a fully funded scholarship program drawn within the KAUST rules and procedures supporting selected applicants throughout the eligible duration of their study program.
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology is a private research university located in Thuwal, Saudi Arabia. Founded in 2009, the University provides research and graduate training programs in English as the official language of instruction. KAUST is the first mixed-gender university campus in Saudi Arabia. The University currently hosts students from over 60 countries and has received applications from students attending more than 220 universities around the world
Successfull applicants will be eligible for the following benefits
- These Scholarships sponsored jointly by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) and the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) to study at KAUST.
- The benefits of the this program may include:
- Full tuition support
- Monthly living allowances
- Medical and dental coverage
- Relocation support
In order to be selected for this scholarship program, you will have to fulfill the following application criteria
- You must be a citizen of an IDB member country (See full list here)
- Applicants must have 35 years of age or below
- You must be engaged in full-time employment in an academic, research or development institute in the home country and the application is nominated by that institution
- Applicants must meets the eligibility criteria of the IDB Merit Scholarship Program as stated in the guidance details
- You will need to obtain an admission offer at the KAUST for a PhD program to be considered for the program.
please note that the selection of candidates under this joint program will be within the scope of the IDB Merit Scholarship Program. Therefore,Interested candidates must follow these criteria and procedures to apply for the scholarship.
Applications open on August 15, 2021. Applicants must follow the admission process for the program of choice and secure an admission offer in order to be considered for the scholarship. For more information on how to apply for the scholarship, contact:
Islamic Development Bank
Al Malik Khalid Road,
Tel. (9662) 646 6833 / 6835
Fax. (9662) 646 6887
To apply, Click here