Deadline : August 15, 2021
Apply for the Leibniz Institute of European History (IEG) Doctoral Students Fellowships Program. The Leibniz Institute of European History (IEG) awards several research fellowships to young academics (doctoral students) from Germany and abroad. Funding is provided for both doctoral research dealing with the History, Theology, or any other History based discipline.
If they wish, scholarship holders and fellows can collaborate with the academic staff of the IEG in the Institute’s research areas. Each scholarship holder is assigned a contact person from among the academic staff of the IEG who can offer them advice and mentoring. Research projects must be at least six months in duration if they are to receive IEG funding
Opportunities are open to PhD students from Germany and abroad who posses at least a Masters level degree in history, theology or another discipline which works historically. To be eligible, you must have been pursuing their doctorate for no more than three years. For the whole duration of the programme, you will reside and work in the Institute building in Mainz, Germany.
If you apply and get selected for this fellowship, you will be eligible for the following benefits
- The IEG Fellowships are jointly funded by the federal and state governments and are dedicated exclusively for the purpose of conducting research.
- As an IEG Fellow and a doctoral students, you will receive a monthly fellows grant worth EUR 1,350.
- If you plan to travel with your partner to Mainz and do not have income of more than 450 euros per month, you may receive a family allowance.
- In addition, if you are accompanied by your underage children, you can also apply for a child allowance.
- The IEG Doctoral Students Fellowships Program programme is open to applicants from Germany and Abroad.
- Eligible applicants must hold a Masters level degree in history, theology or another discipline which works historically
- You must be a PhD student and must not have been pursuing your doctorate for more than three years.
- Fellows must be ready to submit a final report of their project at the end of the funding period.
Candidates interested in the programme must submit their applications via mail to the following address: [email protected]. Your application must be written in either English or German. A complete application must contain the following attachments
- Download and completed IEG application form (To be downloaded from the website)
- Include a well written curriculum vitae and a list of publications (if applicable)
- A draft outline of your Ph.D.-thesis
- The structure of the Ph.D.-thesis
- Draft a detailed timetable for your intended stay at the Institute in Germany
- Include copies of university transcripts and Diplomas and as well as proof of language competence
- A reference letter from your primary academic advisor, to be directly mailed to: [email protected]
- You will also need a potential second referee, who will be contacted directly by the IEG to request for a refence letter
The deadline for application is August 15, 2021
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here