Deadline : April 30, 2022
Applications for the ICCR scholarships 2022 are now open for eligible students. The Government of India through the ICCR Indian Council for Cultural Relations, is offering up to 900 scholarships for eligible applicants students to pursue undergraduate, postgraduate and higher courses programme at Institutions/Universities in India.
The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) was founded in 1950 by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, independent India’s first Education Minister. Its objectives are to actively participate in the formulation and implementation of policies and programs pertaining to India’s external cultural relations, to foster and strengthen cultural relations and mutual understanding between India and other countries, to promote cultural exchanges with other countries and people; and to develop relations with nations.
- Selected students will receive a Living allowance per month to cater for their living expenses. The allowances are categorized as below.
- Undergraduate – 18,000
- Postgraduate- 20,000
- M.Phil / Ph.D 7,000, Post-doctoral Fellow- 22,000
- Post-doctoral Fellow – 25,000
- You will receive a House Rent Allowance Per Month to cater for your accommodation
- In Grade 1 cities-6,500 and In other cities- 5,500
- Scholarship recipients will receive a contingent Grant per year, as specified below
- Undergraduate-5,000, Postgraduate-7,000, M/Phil / Ph.D and M.Tech./ME-12,500, Postdoctoral studies-15,500,
- The scholarship will also cater for your tuition Fees and any other Compulsory Fees
- You will also receive coverage for Thesis and decertation expenses worth 10,000 for PhD Scholar and 7,000 for BBA/BCA/MBA/MCA/M.Tech and other course required submission of Project
To apply for the scholarship, you must meet the following application conditions
- The scholarship is open for students and nationals of the eligible countries (List on programme website)
- You must be applying for a applying for a Bachelor’s, Master’s PhD or Doctoral programme at one of the participating Institutions in India
- Applicants must present proof of sufficient knowledge of English if they are to be considered
- Only applicants who have never studied in India will be considered for the scholarship
- Scholarships will not be awarded for courses related to MBBS/MD or Dentistry/Nursing.
Eligible applicants must submit their scholarship application for up to 5 University/institutions in preferential order. Applications will only be accepted if they are submitted via the official ICCR Scholarship portal. Your application will require you to submit the following documents
- A recent passport size photograph not more than 3.5×4.5cm (25kb) should be uploaded on the application form in the space provided. The photograph should be with white background and without spectacles.
- Submit copies of all previous academic qualifications, certificates and marksheet, including those relating to school leaving examination.
- You must submit a certificate of physical fitness in the prescribed form.
- Applicants must submit copies of relevant pages of their valid passport showing photograph, name, contact details, date of issue, date of expiry and place of issue.
- You must retain Original Certificates/ documents as these will need to be verified by the concerned University/ Institute at the time of joining.
- Include proof of English language proficiency
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here