Deadline : February 29, 2020 .
Apply for the ICCR scholarship 2020. The Government of India through the ICCR Indian Council for Cultural Relations , is offering up to 900 scholarships for African students to pursue undergraduate, postgraduate and higher courses programme at Institutions/Universities in India.
The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) was founded in 1950 by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, independent India’s first Education Minister. Its objectives are to actively participate in the formulation and implementation of policies and programs pertaining to India’s external cultural relations, to foster and strengthen cultural relations and mutual understanding between India and other countries, to promote cultural exchanges with other countries and people; and to develop relations with nations.
- Living allowance (Stipend) (Per Month)
- Undergraduate -5,500
- M.Phil / Ph.D 7,000, Post-doctoral Fellow-7,500
- House Rent Allowance (Per Month)
- In Grade 1 cities-5,000 and In other cities-4,500
- Contingent Grant (per annum)
- Undergraduate-5,000, Postgraduate-7,000, M/Phil / Ph.D and M.Tech./ME-12,500, Postdoctoral studies-15,500, Tuition Fee/Other Compulsory Fee-As per actual (excluding refundable amount) –Thesis and dissertation Expenses (Once in entire duration of course)
- D Scholar-10,000 and for BBA/BCA/MBA/MCA/M.Tech and other course required submission of Project-7.000
- -Medical Benefits
- Under the scheme scholars are expected to seek treatment only at medical centre or dispensary attached to universities / Institutes where they enrolled or in the nearest Government hospital (Bill are settled as admissible according to AMA/CGHS norms)
- Eligible Countries : Algeria, Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Cape Verde, Chad, Cote d’Ivoire, Comoros, Congo (Republic of), Djibouti, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea (concurrent from Nairobi), Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea, Kenya, Libya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Mali, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, South Sudan (Republic of), Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sao Tame & Principe, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Students applying for doctoral/ post doctoral courses should include a synopsis of the proposed area of research.
- Students wishing to study performing arts should, if possible, enclose video/ audio cassettes of their recorded performances.
- Candidates must have adequate knowledge of English.
- ICCR will not entertain applications which are sent to ICCR directly by the students or which are sent by local Embassies/High Commissions in New Delhi.
- Priority will be given to students who have never studied in India before.
- No application will be accepted for admission to courses in MBBS/MD or Dentistry/Nursing.
- Candidates may note that Indian universities/educational institution are autonomous and independent and hence have their own eligibility criteria which have to be fulfilled. Please also note that acceptance of application by the University is also not a guarantee of admission. A scholarship is awarded only when admission is confirmed by ICCR.
- Student must carry a proper visa. Students should ensure that they get the correct visa from the Indian Embassy/High Commission. Government of India guideline stipulate that if a scholar arrives without proper visa and his/her actual admission at the University/Institute does not materialize, he/she will be deported to his/her country.
- Before departing for India the scholars should seek a full briefing from the Indian Diplomatic Mission in their country about living conditions in India/the details of scholarship/the type and duration of the course to which he/she is admitted. Scholars should inform the Indian Embassy/High Commission of their travel schedule well in advance so that ICCR can make reception and other arrangements for them.
- Scholars are advised to bring some money with them to meet incidental expenditures on arrival in India.
- The scholars who are awarded scholarships should bring with them all documents relating to their qualification in original for verification by the respective college/university at the time of admission
Required supporting documents:
- A recent passport size photograph not more than 3.5x4.5cm (25kb) should be uploaded on the application form in the space provided.The photograph should be with white background and without spectacles.
- Copies of all academic qualifications, certificates and marksheet, including those relating to school leaving examination must be uploaded.
- A certificate of physical fitness in the prescribed form.
- Recommendations / character certificates from existing school/University etc
- Certified copies of relevant pages of candidate’s valid passport showing photograph, name, contact details, date of issue, date of expiry and place of issue. Please ensure that your passport is valid for the duration of the course for which you have applied.
- At the time of uploading the required documents kindly ensure that all documents uploaded correctly in the given module e.g. module for educational certificates should only be uploaded with the educational certificates only not other documents such as passport copies or photographs etc.
- Original Certificates/ documents must be carried by the Applicant if admitted for verification by the concerned University/ Institute at the time of joining. This mandatory requirement otherwise admission can be cancelled by the University/ Institute and the ICCR will not be responsible for this.
- In case of Engineering courses, you must have Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (PCM) in your school leaving examinations as this is mandatory for Engineering courses.
To apply Click Here