Deadline : December 15, 2020
The Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen (ifa) CrossCulture Fellowship Programme is now open for applications. The CrossCulture Programme (CCP) brings together professionals and committed volunteers to think outside of the cultural box. Every year the program brings together up to 80 fellowship recipients from host organizations. Recipients are applicants from in Germany or from one of the over 35 partner countries, with teh main aim of acquiring experience in intercultural networks. This programme enables and promotes actors from the cultural, educational, scientific, artistic and medial sectors to work together.
Since its launch in 2005, the main goal of the CrossCulture Programme has always been to strengthen lasting civil society networks between Germany and countries across the globe. The programme now counts over 750 alumni to its ever-growing network. For a period of two to three months, participants will receive practical training in host organisations in Germany or in CCP partner countries, deepen their expertise and acquire intercultural skills. In turn, the host organisations benefit from the expertise, regional knowledge and networks of the CCP fellows.
These fellowships are principally dedicated to people working in one of the following fields
- Policy and society
- Media and culture
- Human rights and peace
- Sustainable development
ifa covers the following costs for fellowship recipients from abroad:
- A monthly allowance of 550 Euros
- Roundtrip airfare
- You will recieve a monthly ticket for public transport within the place of residence
- A refund of applicable visa fees
- Health insurance
ifa covers the following costs for scholarship recipients from Germany:
- You will receive a monthly allowance of 1,100 Euros
- A refund of roundtrip airfare
- Refund of applicable visa fees
- Health insurance
Applicants for the fellowship must fulfill the Essential application conditions and at a certain degree, the desirable Qualities
Essential application conditions
- You must be between the ages of 23 and 45 at the time of the application.
- Applicants are required to have Good written and spoken English skills.
- You must have least two years of proven professional experience or volunteer work in a civil society organisation in your home country
- The applicant is in good health for a longer stay abroad.
- You must have been and still is socially engaged for the long-term.
- The applicant can prove full-time experience in his or her field of work.
- A collaboration with an organisation in the target country is in progress or planned.
- The applicant possesses other language skills, particularly, German language skills.
Applicants are advised to follow the steps below to successfully submit their applications
- You will have to open the ifa application portal and select the fellowship of your choice.
- Applicants must then complete the application form and upload your documents. Since the application system cannot cache any input, all documents should be ready for the upload at the start of the application.
- Submit the completed application online via the application portal.
You must submit the following documents along with your application
- A Letter of Motivation
- One Letter of Recommendation
- Your most recent Curriculum vitae
- A Portrait photograph (optional)
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here