Deadline : December 22, 2022
The Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen (ifa) CrossCulture Fellowship Programme is now open for applications. The CrossCulture Programme (CCP) brings together professionals and committed volunteers to think outside of the cultural box. Every year the program brings together about 50 to 70 fellowship recipients from host organizations. Recipients are applicants from in Germany or from one of the over 40 partner countries, with the main aim of acquiring experience in intercultural networks. This programme enables and promotes actors from the cultural, educational, scientific, artistic and medial sectors to work together.
Since its launch in 2005, the main goal of the CrossCulture Programme has always been to strengthen lasting civil society networks between Germany and countries across the globe. The programme now counts over 750 alumni to its ever-growing network. For a period of two to three months, participants will receive practical training in host organisations in Germany or in CCP partner countries, deepen their expertise and acquire intercultural skills. In turn, the host organisations benefit from the expertise, regional knowledge and networks of the CCP fellows.
These fellowships are principally dedicated to people working in one of the following fields
- Policy and society
- Media and culture
- Human rights and peace
- Sustainable development
Participants from abroad will receive the following benefits.
- You will receive a monthly allowance of 550 Euros to cover your daily expenses
- The program will cover a roundtrip airfare from travel to and from Germany
- You will receive coverage for accommodation for the entire duration of the program
- Participants will receive a monthly ticket for public transport within the place of residence
- The program also offers a refund for costs related to visa application
- You will also receive coverage for Health insurance for the entire duration of the program.
For scholarship recipients from Germany, the program will offer the following
- You will receive a monthly allowance of 550 Euros to cover your accommodation and daily living expenses
- The program will offer you a refund for your roundtrip airfare
- Costs related to visa applications will be reimbursed
- The program will also cover your Health insurance
Applicants for the fellowship must fulfill the Essential application conditions and at a certain degree, the desirable Qualities.
If you wish to apply for the program, you must be a citizen of one of the following countries (See full list here).
Essential application conditions
- You must be between the ages of 23 and 45 at the time of the application.
- Applicants are required to have Good written and spoken English skills.
- You must have least two years of proven professional experience or volunteer work in a civil society organization in your home country
- Applicants must also be good health for a longer stay in Germany.
- You must have been and still is socially engaged for the long-term.
- Desired applicants are those who can prove full-time experience in their fields of specialization.
- If you posses language skills, particularly, German language skills, you will have an added advantage.
Applicants are advised to follow the steps below to successfully submit their applications
- You will have to open the ifa application portal and select the fellowship of your choice.
- Applicants must then complete the application form and upload your documents. Since the application system cannot cache any input, all documents should be ready for the upload at the start of the application.
- Submit the completed application online via the application portal.
You must submit the following documents along with your application
- A Letter of Motivation
- One Letter of Recommendation
- Your most recent Curriculum vitae
- A Portrait photograph (optional)
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here