Deadline : Open
Apply for the Institute of International Education Scholar Rescue Fund (IIE-SRF) 2022. The main aim of the Institute of International Education Scholar Rescue Fund (IIE-SRF) is to plan, arrange and fund fellowships for threatened and displaced scholars at various partnering higher education institutions worldwide.
These are one(1) year-long fellowships aimed at supporting eligible individuals by providing temporary academic positions at institutions of higher learning. Selected IIE-SRF fellows can attend these fellowships anywhere in the world where they can continue their work in safety.
Eligible IIE-SRF fellows are usually professors, researchers, and public intellectuals who face certain threats within their home countries an therefore cannot continue their work there. IIE-SRF invites applications from any scholar from any country and in any academic field or discipline, who meets the academic qualifications and experience, the quality and/or potential of their work, and the urgency of the threats faced, as set up by IIE-SRF.
- The fellowships are usually 1 year long at institutions of higher learning anywhere in the world
- IIE-SRF offers fellows a fellows grant worth $25,000 USD to support temporary academic positions
- Although fellowships are funded for 1 year, IIE-SRF fellows are eligible to apply for a second and final year of fellowship support.
To qualify as IIE-SRF, you must meet the following criteria
- You must hold a Ph.D. or highest degree in your field, if you are to be considered
- Candidates must demonstrate superior academic accomplishment in their academic history
- Applicants must have accumulated significant teaching and/or research experience at a university, college, or other institution of higher learning
- You must have a god background and an established record of published research
- Applicants must be facing or must have fled from immediate, targeted threats to their lives and/or careers in their home countries or countries of residence
- Your fellowship must be based on the ability to benefit your home and/or host academic communities.
- Applicants must not have been displaced or resided outside their home countries for more than two years
- You must not hold citizenship or permanent residency in a safe second country
Eligible applicants and potential scholars are advised to apply by collecting and sending the required application materials. Your application fil must be sent directly to IIE-SRF via: [email protected]. Your application file must include the following documents
- Download and correctly complete the Application Coversheet
- A well drafted CV or resume detailing the following information:
- The applicant’s Academic degrees granted over the years
- Your current position
- All previous academic positions held
- Include a detailed list of your academic publications
- A well drafted academic statement detailing your academic and professional background and experience
- The candidate’s personal statement explaining why they are applying to IIE-SRF for support
- Request for a minimum of three (3) reference letters Reference colleagues both inside and outside of your home country.
- A copy of your Ph.D. or highest degree.
- Provide samples of your most current research publications.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here