Deadline : January 14, 2022
Apply for the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) Young Scientists Summer Program in Austria for the year 2022. Each year, IIASA hosts up to 50 doctoral students from around the world in its Young Scientists Summer Program (YSSP) which usually takes place from 1 June to 31 August.(3 Months duration)
The program is aimed majorly towards PhD students working on a topic compatible with ongoing research at IIASA and a wish to explore the policy implications of their work. You will be working under the direct supervision of experienced IIASA scientist in a unique interdisciplinary and international research environment.
Towards the end of the program, they will produce a paper (serving as first step towards a publishable journal article) and within the course of the program, they will get the opportunity to build up contacts for future collaboration within the institute’s worldwide network.
- The fellowship covers the cost of travel to and from Vienna and the awardee’s home country at the beginning and end of the fellowship, as well as a modest stipend to offset living expenses during the period of the fellowship.
- You will receive stipend worth is 1,3500 EUR per month. IIASA does not provide housing or additional funding for housing.
- IIASA will finance up to 3 candidates from developing countries which are not members of IIASA
- All persons of all ages are welcome to apply as there is no upper-age limit.
- The program is designed for PhD students working on a topic compatible with the interdisciplinary IIASA research agenda
- Applicants from all countries are welcome, but IIASA gives preference to those from countries where IIASA has a National Member Organization (NMO).
- Candidates are required to have experience in writing about science for the general public via blogs, newspapers, university web sites, or other outlets.
- You must demonstrate written and oral fluency in English and proven ability to understand complex scientific research.
Applications for the program will be submitted online. Please remember that applications are accepted even from non member countries, however, funding then needs to be covered through own sources. Exception is given to students coming from developing countries who will receive funding through the IIASA Annual Fund.
To apply, you are advised to follow the steps below
Step 1: Applicants must create a new application
Start a new application by clicking on the Apply button. After creating your profile, you will be able to edit an existing application, and submit your application when it is complete.
Step 2: Completing your your application
Candidates are required to compete information regarding their bio-information, research interests, CV, motivation for applying to the program. You will also submit names of two references who will recommend you for the program.
Step 3: Submitting your application
You must submit your complete application before the set deadline of January 14, 2022. Any applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered
you will need the following documents
- Cover Letter
- 2 letters of recommendation from 2 referees
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here