Deadline : January 1, 2021
Apply for the International Master in Fire Safety Engineering Scholarship in Belgium 2021. The IMFSE programme is a 2-year full-time educational Master programme set up in the Erasmus+ framework with an aim of offering an internationally recognized joint master degree that is commonly organized by 6 universities. Courses for the program are offered at 6 universities, ranking as some of the best Universities in Europe.
The International Master in Fire Safety Engineering consists of 120 ECTS credits in total composing of of 4 semesters of 30 ECTS credits each. The mobility structure, with possible change in study location after each semester, gives students the opportunity to gain from the strengths and expertise of 3 universities or more in the field of Fire Safety Engineering.
Students will attend courses at different universities for different semesters with semester 1 at Ghent University or The University of Edinburgh covering the basic topics in Fire Protection Engineering. All students gather at Lund University to spend semester 2 there, with emphasis on enclosure fire dynamics, risk analysis and human behavior in fire. More in-depth courses are given during semester 3 at Ghent University or The University of Edinburgh. Semester 4 is dedicated to the Master’s thesis, and students can be hosted by 1 of the 3 Full Partner Institutes or 1 of the 3 Associated Partner Institutes. Collaborations with 1 of the Sponsoring Companies is also a possibility.
The IMFSE programme provides 12 Erasmus+ scholarships co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union available per intake. If you are a recipient of an Erasmus+ scholarship you will receive the following benefits:
- The participation costs for tuition fees for 2 academic years of up to €4,500 per year for Programme Country Students and €9,000 per year for Partner Country Students.
- Beneficiaries will receive a contribution to the travel and installation costs of up to €7,000.
- You will receive a monthly subsistence allowance of €1,000 for the entire duration of the study programme for 24 months
- You must have a Bachelor (or Master) degree or recognized equivalent from an accredited institution (minimum 3 years full-time study or 180 ECTS credits) in one of the following domains.
- civil engineering
- structural engineering
- mechanical engineering
- electrical engineering
- chemical engineering
- industrial engineering,
- material sciences
- applied physics
- urbanism and spatial planning
- If you are in your last year of such a study programme at the time of application, you may also be considered for admission.
- Applicants must provide an English language certificate which is not older than 2 years at the moment of enrolment in the IMFSE programme. The accepted certificates and grades are described below
- IELTS (Academic) Certificate (TRF: test report form) with a minimum score of 6.5 (with at least 6.0 in each section).
- TOEFL-iBT (internet-based) Certificate with a minimum score of 92 (with at least 20 in each section).
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) Grade B.
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) Grade C.
- Trinity ISE II Certificate with distinctions in all four components.
To apply, you are advised to folow the following procedure
- Go through the application criteria to determine whether you are eligible for the IMFSE programme
- Define your student category in order to select the correct online application form.
- If you are eligible, create an IMFSE account and fill out the correct application form. You will use the same application for both for admission si for scholarship application
- You must then Submit your online application form prior to the set deadlines
- Prepare all your hard copy documents (including legalisations) and make sure to send these via regular mail to the IMFSE office (Ghent, Belgium) prior to the set deadlines.
Applicants will need to submit the following documents
- A recent Passport photo
- Copy of your passport (or other official identification proof for EEA students)
- A (Europass) CV
- Your Personal Statement
- Legalized copy of your Higher Education (Bachelor/Master) degree: original + certified English translation
- Legalized copy of your Higher Education (Bachelor/Master) transcript of records: original + certified English translation
- English language certificate
- 2 reference letters
- Other documentation you deem relevant
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here