Deadline : February 1, 2023
Apply for the International Summer School at University of Oslo in Norway. Each year, the International Summer School (ISS) offers a number of scholarships and grants to international deserving students to attend the prestigious Summer school. The International Summer School is part of the University of Oslo’s goal to demonstrate academic solidarity and it always ensures that the summer school represents global diversity.
Applicants to the summer school can choose from a range of Bachelor’s courses, which focus on Norwegian language as well as other aspects of Norwegian culture and society, and a number of Master’s courses which focus on topics of broad international interest.
The International Summer School at the University of Oslo (UiO) prides its self with its well known policy of granting scholarships to students from all over the world to attend the academic summer programs. The International Summer School (ISS) facilitates scholarships, stipends and grants to eligible students from all around the world to attend the summer courses.
Please note: This year’s ISS scholarships are dedicated to students applying for Master’s Level courses. There are also travel grants open to students coming from selected coutries in Africa, Oceania, Central and south America and other selected countries in Europe
During the summer programme, you and other participants will enjoy a wide range of cultural events, film nights, international evenings and forums, social get-togethers, sports, and local excursions to places of interest in the Oslo area. A varied weekend excursion program includes cultural heritage tours, mountain hiking, and rafting, as well as a tour to Bergen and the fjords of Western Norway. You get to know Norwegian culture, and also the cultures of your fellow students from all parts of the globe.
- The scholarship will cover the basic course fee for the selected summer course.
- Costs related to health insurance and extracurricular activities will also be covered by the scholarship.
- You will also enjoy a one week fully paid weekend excursion
- You will also receive coverage for accommodation during this period.
- Applicants coming form certain countries may also apply for a travel grant to cover their transportation costs
- The ISS scholarships are dedicated to students who are applying for Master’s level courses.
- You must submit your application for a Master’s level course by the deadline of February 1 if you are to be considered for the scholarship.
- Applicants must also demonstrate a strong academic record in their previous and current studies.
- You must prove English language proficiency at the required level set by ISS
- Applicants applying for Master’s level courses must have completed High school and at least three years of Bachelors level education. (Each country has separate academic requirements, therefore check for information related to your country from the programme website)
The application for the International Summer School at University of Oslo are open from January 2 and close on February 1, 2023. All applicants will be required to upload scanned copies of their supporting documents into the Application Portal, the University of Oslo’s online application system. Required documents for application may include the following
- A Copy of your passport
- Proof of English language proficiency
- You will need copies of your academic transcripts/diplomas
- Applicants may be required to present a Statement of purpose
- You may be required to submit a Letter of recommendation
- Your most recent CV/resume
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here