Deadline : February 15, 2021
Apply for the International Summer School at University of Oslo in Norway. Each year, the International Summer School (ISS) offers a number of scholarships and grants to international deserving students to attend the prestigious Summer school. The International Summer School is part of the University of Oslo’s goal to demonstrate academic solidarity and it always ensures that the summer school represents global diversity. Applicants to the summer school can choose from a range of Bachelor’s courses, which focus on Norwegian language as well as other aspects of Norwegian culture and society, and a number of Master’s courses which focus on topics of broad international interest.
The International Summer School at the University of Oslo (UiO) prides its self with its well known policy of granting scholarships to students from all over the world to attend the academic summer programs. The International Summer School (ISS) facilitates scholarships, stipends and grants to eligible students from all around the world to attend the summer courses.
During the summer programme, you and other participants will enjoy a wide range of cultural events, film nights, international evenings and forums, social get-togethers, sports, and local excursions to places of interest in the Oslo area. A varied weekend excursion program includes cultural heritage tours, mountain hiking, and rafting, as well as a tour to Bergen and the fjords of Western Norway. You get to know Norwegian culture, and also the cultures of your fellow students from all parts of the globe.
- Every year, ISS offers a number of scholarships and grants to deserving students applying for specific summer courses,
- This year the International Summer School will only be offering scholarships to the Norwegian language summer courses (NORA).
- These scholarship will cover the course fee for the entire summer period
- The scholarships are dedicated to applicants who study Scandinavian studies/Norwegian language at their home university
- Scholarships will be offered for Norwegian language course Level 2, 3 and 4.
- You must apply for a Norwegian language course using the NORA courses in the Application Portal
- Applicants must demonstrate that you meet the academic requirements
- A strong academic record will increase your chances of receiving the scholarship
- You must demonstrate the relevance of your academic and/or professional background to the course you apply for in your statement of purpose
The application for the International Summer School at University of Oslo will open on January 4 and close on February 15, 2021. All applicants will be required to upload scanned copies of their supporting documents into the Application Portal, the University of Oslo’s online application system. Required documents for application may include the following
- A Copy of your passport
- Proof of English language proficiency
- You will need copies of your academic transcripts/diplomas
- Applicants may be required to present a Statement of purpose
- You may be required to submit a Letter of recommendation
- Your most recent CV/resume
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here