Deadline : February 15, 2021
Apply for the ISTernship summer program for International Students in Austria. Each year, the ISTernship offers outstanding bachelor’s and master’s students from all over the world the opportunity to join ISTernship summer programme in Austria. The programme is open to Students who are interested in basic research in the fields of biology, computer science, data science, mathematics, physics, neuroscience as well as other interdisciplinary areas.
The ISTernship which translates as [IST + (int)ernship)] has been running each year since 2013 giving bachelor’s and master’s students from all over the world a unique experience to expand their scientific research experience. The programme usually offers up to 30-40 students the opportunity to join the ISTernship program and work closely with the organization faculty or a lab member on a short research project.
The next ISTernship summer programme will run for 2-3 months between May 15 and September 15. However due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the program will only accept applications from applicants who are national of and/or have a legal residence in one of the countries eligible European countries. As part of the application, if selected as an intern, you will choose a group to work in and will agree on a research project with your group leader.
- You will receive a Monthly compensation for the 2-3 months of the programme.
- Austria has a statutory social security system, therefore you will have access to health insurance as soon as you start your ISTernship program at IST Austria.
- You will receive assistance with travel and visa arrangements
- Interns can choose to live on campus in the IST Austria owned and operated apartments.
- You will have Free access to the IST Austria shuttle bus with hourly service to Vienna
- You must must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s of Science degree programme in good standing at a degree granting institution.
- Applicants must have completed at least the fourth semester of their bachelor’s studies before the respective start date
- Due to the uncertainty around the COVID pandemic, the 2021 ISTernship call will be open to students located in Europe only.
- You must therefore be a national of and/or have a legal residence in one of the following countries (Please see list here)
You must complete your application using the online application portal. During the application process, you will be required to upload the following supporting documents
- Your most recent CV
- A well prepared Statement of purpose
- Your University transcripts and diplomas for your degree programs that have previously attended and/or are currently enrolled in
- Transcripts should be submitted in their original language accompanied by English Translations
- You must also submit Contact information of 1 or 2 referees who will recommend you
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here