Deadline : June 9, 2022
Apply for the 2022 Italian Government Scholarship Program for foreign Citizens. Each year, the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) grants several scholarships to foreign citizens from outside Italy as well as Italian citizens living abroad. This scholarship programme is aimed at fostering international cultural, scientific and technological cooperation. Through this scholarship, the Italian government also aims to promote Italian language and culture and and at the same time support Italy’s economic system in the world
The scholarship is granted for the first year of your study and is renewable subject to sufficient academic performance. Scholarships are offered for four different study schemes
- Master’s Degree : The scholarship offers several grants for Master’s Degree courses at an Italian University, for a period of 6 (six) or 9 (nine) months.
- Courses of Higher Education in Arts, Music, and Dance (AFAM): Th programme offers scholarships to study Courses of Higher Education in Arts, Music, and Dance (AFAM). Scholarships are awarded for a period of study of 6 (six) or 9 (nine) months.
- PhD program: the programme offers scholarships to study for a PhD program. Scholarships are awarded for a period of study of 6 (six) or 9 (nine) months.
- Research under academic supervision (Progetti in co-tutela): Study grants are available for students who are interested to carry out research under academic supervision. These grants are awarded for a period of study of 6 (six) or 9 (nine) months.
All foreign students from selected countries, residing outside outside Italy, or Italian Citizens from outside Italy are welcome to apply. However, priority will be given to citizens from low-income countries or with proven financial needs.
Candidates selected for the Italian government scholarships will receive the following benefits
- Scholars will be exempted from the payment of enrollment and tuition fees, however, this will depend on the policy of each University.
- You will receive coverage for health and medical/accident insurance contracted by MAECI, for the entire duration of the grant.
- The programme will offer a monthly allowance worth 900 Euros, on a quarterly basis. The scholarship allowance will be paid directly into the student’s Italian bank account.
To apply for this scholarships programme, you must meet the following conditions
- Applicants for the Master’s Degree course scholarship grant must have completed of a Bachelor’s degree in the their country of origin
- If you are applying for the scholarship for one of the Italian AFAM courses, you must meet the entry requirements and academic qualifications established by the relevant University/Institute.
- Applicants interested in a PhD in Italy must meet the entry requirements and academic qualifications established by their preferred Italian University.
- Candidates applying for a Master’s Degree, AFAM Programmes or Italian Language and Culture Courses must be 28 years old or younger at the tine of application
- If you are applying for a PhD Programme, must not be over the age of 30 years at the time of application
- For those interested in Research Projects under academic supervision , the age requirement is 40 years old or younger
- Applicants applying for courses taught in English must provide an English proficiency language certificate of their proficiency in English Language.
- In order to enroll in an Italian-taught course, applicants must provide a certificate of their proficiency in Italian language.
- Self-certification will be accepted from candidates from countries where English is an official language and who are applying for courses held entirely in English
Please Note: The scholarship is first, awarded for the period stated under each study programme (6 – 9 months). However, applicants who have received a MAECI grant may apply again the following year, to continue or complete a multi-year degree course (Master’s Degrees and PhD programs) according to the legal duration of the course.
Applicants are requested to complete and submit the online application. You must first register and create your personal account before you can complete and submit your application.
The list of eligible countries can be found here
Applicants must make sure to submit their applications before the deadline of June 9, 2022.
Grants are awarded for a period of study starting November 1, 2022 and ending October 31, 2023.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here