Deadline : March 30, 2021
Apply for the 2021-22 Jeroen Ensink Memorial Fund Scholarship at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine. The scholarship programme was created in memory of Jeroen Ensink. Jeroen Ensink was a Senior Lecturer in Public Health Engineering at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM). He was also a Course Director for the MSc Public Health for Development between 2009 and 2015.
After his death on 29 December 2015, the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine established a Memorial Fund in his name. This program aims to support students from sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia who demonstrate commitment to improving public health in their communities and countries. Applicants for the programme are primarily students from low- or middle- income countries who wish to undertake the MSc Public Health for Development programme.
This academic year, LSHTM is offering one scholarship to applicants for 2021-22 MSc Public Health for Development programme. The scholarship will offer the following benefits.
- You will receive full-time overseas tuition fees for 2021-22 including the mandatory field trip fee
- Your flights from your home country to the United Kingdom, and return on at the end of the programme will be covered (to be booked by the Scholarships team in LSHTM Registry); and
- You will also receive a tax-free stipend in form of a living allowance worth GBP 17,400.00.
To be eligible for a scholarship under this fund, applicants must:
- Eligible applicants must be citizens of one of the following sub-Saharan African or South Asian countries. (Please see full list here)
- You must apply and be admitted into the 2021-22 MSc Public Health for Development degree programme at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
- Applicants will be required to meet the LSHTM’s minimum English language proficiency requirements
- You must show commitment to WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene)
The application for the scholarship programme involves two (2) steps. Applicants must apply for admission for the MSc Public Health for Development and also apply for the scholarship using a separate application form.
- You must first submit your application for study for the MSc Public Health for Development, using the LSHTM admissions portal.
- Secondly, you will have to submit an online scholarships application, selecting the 2021-22 Jeroen Ensink Memorial Fund Scholarship option from the drop-down menu. For the scholarship application, you will be required to submit the following support documents
- You must upload a most recent complete Curriculum Vitae (CV),
- Draft a statement of motivation of no more than 1,000 words.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here