Deadline: May 31, 2020
Apply for the Jiangsu Provincial Government scholarship program for study in China, for the Academic year 2020. The Jiangsu Provincial Government has set up the ” Jiangsu Government Scholarship” for international students in order to promote the development of higher education of International students in Jiangsu, to further improve the profile of Jiangsu Education to the world, to highlight the brand of “Study in Jiangsu” and to make Jiangsu a preferred province for international students to study in.
This scholarship will be provided to those excellent overseas students or scholars to undertake full time study in universities and colleges of Jiangsu. It will also include those non-degree program students and exchange students in accordance with educational exchange agreements and MOUs between the Jiangsu Provincial Government and the governments of other states, institutions, universities and international organizations.
For a full scholarship:
- A fee waiver of tuition, registration, laboratory experiments, internship, and basic textbooks.
- Cost of experiments or internships beyond the program curricula is at student’s own expense.
- Cost of books or learning materials other than required basic textbooks is at student’s own expense.
- Free on-campus dormitory accommodation, or an accommodation allowance of CNY 10000 per year
- A living allowance of CNY1,500 per month
Scholarship recipients registering before the 15th of the registration month (the 15th included) will be granted the full living allowance of that month.
- Recipients registering after the 15th of the registration month will only be granted half of the living allowance of that month.
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students while in China.
For a partial Scholarship
- College student: CNY 20,000 per academic year;
- Duration: One academic year
- Undergraduate student / Postgraduate student: CNY 30,000 per academic year;
- Duration: One academic year.
- Non-degree program student / Exchange student: CNY2,000 per month;
Duration: 3 to 12 months (in accordance with the agreement).
- To be eligible, you must meet the fallowing criteria
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
- Applicants for both the college and undergraduate programs must have a senior high school diploma with a good academic performance and be under the age of 30.
- Applicants for the master’s degree program must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for the doctoral degree program must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants must agree to obey the relevant laws of the PRC and meet the admission requirements of the host universities or colleges.
- Applicants must have a good academic record.
- Applicants cannot be recipients of other scholarships offered by Chinese government, local governments or other organizations simultaneously.
To apply, follow the procedure below
- Log on to the “Study in Jiangsu” website
- Register an individual account.
- Complete the Application Form online, and upload e-copies of relevant original documents.
- Print the Application Form, sign it, and email it to [email protected]
- Scanned copy of the passport photo page.
- Highest diploma / degree certificate (notarized photocopy).
- Academic transcripts (notarized photocopy):
- Recommendation letters
- Other relevant documents.