Deadline : May 21, 2021
Apply for the 2021 Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP). This Scholarship Program is dedicated to applicants from selected developing countries. Applicants for the program usually posses a level of professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts. In order to be considered, you must be t applying to study a master degree program in a development-related topic.
Selected applicants for the program will have the opportunity to choose from over 48 Participating eligible Programs at various universities in U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania and Japan in key areas of development. Available courses include economic policy management, tax policy, and infrastructure management. You will have to be admitted to one of the participating programs in order to benefit from the scholarship.
The scholarship will be available for the full duration of your chosen Masters programme. At the end of the program, you will commit to returning to your home country and put in practice, the skills and expertise you will have accumulated. This will be a great opportunity to contribute to your countries’ social and economic development
If selected for the programme, the JJ/WBGSP scholarship will provide you with the following following benefits:
- You will receive an Economy class air travel ticket to travel between your home country and the host university
- Scholars will also receive a travel allowance worth US $500 for each trip
- Your Tuition for the selected graduate degree program will be covered by the scholarship
- You will receive coverage for the cost of basic medical insurance obtained through the university.
- Program scholars will receive a monthly subsistence allowance to cover all living expenses
- You must be a citizen/ national of one of the selected World Bank member developing country (Please see list here)
- Candidates must Not hold dual citizenship of any developed country;
- Applicants must posses a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. You degree must have been earned at least 3 years at the tie of application.
- You must have accumulated at least 3 years of work experience in s development-related filed
- Candidates must be employed in development-related work in a paid full- time position at the time of submitting the scholarship application.
- You must apply and be admitted to at least one of the JJ/WBGSP participating master’s programs at a university located outside your country of citizenship and country of residence
Applicants must first apply for one of the eligible Master’s degree programmes at a university outside their countries. You must secure your admission before the Scholarship Application Deadline date.
Up on recipient of your admission letter, you must then complete and submit your scholarship application form. Along wit you application, you must submit the following support documents
- Two recommendation letters, submitted online, from people who have direct knowledge of the applicant’s professional work experience.
- Documentation that proves the you meet the eligibility requirement with regard to the number of years of recent development-related work.
- Your Bachelor’s degree diploma, and if applicable, also the diploma of your most advanced graduate degree.
- The applicant’s most recent CV using the format provided in Annex 4 and written in English
- You must include the unconditional Letter of Admission for the upcoming academic year to the JJ/WBGSP participating master’s program
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here