Deadline : October 23, 2020
Applications for the KAIST Scholarship for International Students in South Korea, 2021 are now open. The main objective of the scholarship is to provide high quality, comprehensive educational and training opportunities that are compatible to changing needs of the students.
Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) is the first and top science & technology research university in Korea. Founded in 1971 to raise elites in science & technology, critical for Korea’s economic takeoff, KAIST has been the gateway to advanced science & technology, innovation, and a driving engine for the development of Korea for past 4 decades.
KAIST has always been touted as Korea’s top-notch research university of science wunderkinds and world famous faculty members. KAIST strives to address global challenges facing humanity through competitive research innovation and convergence. In order to meet the new demands of producing young talents who care for global citizenship and social responsibility, KAIST now offers cross-disciplinary academic and research
Selected applicants for the KAIST Scholarship for International Students in South Korea will receive the following benefits
- Full tuition fee: tuition exemption for 8 semesters
- Living expenses: 350,000 KRW per month
- National Health insurance
The eligibility for the scholarship is as follows
- If you are applying for the Spring Semester, you must have graduated or will graduate from your secondary education by February 29th, 2021.
- You must be a citozen of any country other than Korea. Korean citizens who hold dual citizenship are not eligible to apply as foreign students. and therefore must not apply
- As a beneficially , you must maintain GPA over 2.7 out of 4.3 at University
- You are strongly recommended to achieve above TOEFL iBT 83, TOEFL PBT 560, TOEFL CBT 220, TEPS 599, IELTS 6.5 and TOEIC Listening & Reading 720 or higher.
Please note that the application process opens September 1, 2020. You will need the following documents as part of the general admission into KAIST
- Statement of Financial Resources – KAIST Scholarship (original)
- Statement of Financial Resources – Sponsorship (original)
- One Recommendation Letter (original)
- Secondary / Tertiary School Profile (copy)
- High school / University Transcript (copy)
- Standardized Official Test Report (copy)
- English Proficiency Test Report (copy)
- Passport or National ID (copy)
- Certificate of the Facts Concerning the Entry & Exit issued by the Korean Immigration office (original)
Please note: There is no separate process for applying scholarship. You will have to check “KAIST scholarship” on the Statement of Financial Resources section on online application for admission
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here