Deadline : Open
Apply for the KAUST Visiting Student Research Internship Program. The Visiting Student Research Internship Program at the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology KAUST is an opportunity for exceptionally qualified international baccalaureate and post-baccalaureate students to conduct research with faculty mentors in selected areas of basic and applied research projects. The duration of the program ranges from between three and six months, depending on the research project. Arrival date must be a minimum of 6 weeks after date of submission.
To achieve its mission, KAUST engages in both curiosity-driven and goal-oriented research through its Academic Divisions and Research Centers. The Academic Divisions invest in people and develop depth and breadth in multiple disciplines. They focus on fundamental knowledge in science and engineering while creating opportunities for ideas and innovation to flourish. Their people, and the ideas they generate, are sustained through a funding model designed for long-term research reflecting our belief in the intellectual potential of curiosity and exploration.
KAUST aspires to be a destination for scientific and technological education and research. By inspiring discoveries to address global challenges, they strive to serve as a beacon of knowledge that bridges people and cultures for the betterment of humanity.
You are eligible for the following benefits if you are successfully selected for the program
- Monthly living allowance ( $1000 )
- Round-trip airfare to/from city of departure-Jeddah (KAUST)
- Health insurance
- Private bedroom and bath in a shared residential suite
- Visa fees (Students must have valid passport)
- Access to community recreational resources
- Social and cultural activities
Interested applicants must fulfill the following eligible conditions in order to be considered for the program
- Completed a minimum of their third year of baccalaureate studies OR completed their baccalaureate (Bachelor’s degree) OR be pursuing a post- baccalaureate (Master’s degree). Currently enrolled KAUST students, KAUST Alumni, students who are currently in a PhD program or those who have earned a PhD are not eligible to participate.
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) that exceeds 3.50 /4.00 ( 14/20: Equivalent to ECTS B) with some research projects requiring a 3.60 or higher.
- Demonstrated English reading comprehension, speaking, listening and writing abilities.
- Official academic transcript(s) or a certified translation if the original transcript(s) is not in English from current and previous institutions.
- Personal Statement and CV
- The recommendation of a faculty member in the field of study from current and previous schools of enrollment.
- Valid passport.
Applicants will be required to submit their expressions of interest for the available research topics at the different departments and complete the applications. The selection process usually takes the following steps
- Step 1: Once all requirements have been submitted, your complete application will be reviewed and you may be contacted by the faculty member for a Skype interview to discuss your academic, your research background and to learn more about your interest in the internship.
- Step 2: If you are selected to move forward, you will receive an invitation to schedule a Skype interview with the Office of Admissions, where we will discuss any questions you may have about life at KAUST and hear more about you.
- Step 3: If you are approved, you will receive an email acceptance letter following the interview.
- Step 4: Finally, a travel advisor will get in touch with you to help make a smooth relocation to the KAUST campus.
- Official Transcript(s) in English from current and previous institutions
- Letter of Recommendation
- Valid Passport
- Statement of purpose
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here