Deadline : October 29, 2021
Keio University invites applications for the Keio University Design the Future Award for International Students. This award is open to international students of high academic standing and character who satisfy the requirement conditions set out by the University selection committee.
The award is valid for a maximum of two years for students in a Master’s Program and a maximum of three years for students in a Ph.D.
or Professional Degree Program, for full time students at Keio University. Double degree international students can only receive the award during the period enrolled at a Keio University graduate school and while taking the degree program at that graduate school.
The University conducts a selection process each academic year and selects qualified applicants for the program. Each Graduate School performs its own selection. The process involves a primary screening of applicants and nominates candidates to the Scholarship Committee. Each Graduate committee then conducts a review of documents and conducts interviews for the final selection.
Successful applicants will benefit from the following:
- Successful applicants will receive a Full tuition and fees waiver at Keio University
- You will receive a monthly stipend of JPY 200,000
- Beneficiaries will receive a one-time preparation grant of JPY 150,000 (including a travel subsidy)
You must fulfill the following preconditions in order to be considered for the program
- You must be an applicant to one of the graduate schools of Keio University for entry in either April or September 2021 intake and have received the recommendation of the graduate school.
- Applicants must be applying for either a Master’s Program, Ph.D. Program, or a Professional Degree at Keio university.
- You must have completed 15 years of formal education and have obtained their undergraduate qualification/ degree in a country other than Japan, or are expected to obtain their undergraduate degree before entering Keio
- Applicants may not be recipients of another scholarship at the same time as receiving this award.
- If you are an international students participating in a double degree program at eio University, you are eligible to apply.
- The student may not participate in overseas activities for a period of more than 6 months while they are receiving the award.
- Other conditions may be set by the faculty or department at which you are applying for your desired program
- A candidate’s resume. The designated form should be downloaded from the university website
- Your prof of qualification including Academic Transcript for both Undergraduate and Graduate Schools in English or Translation
- A list of Research Achievements including list of papers, academic presentations
- A Japanese language proficiency test results or equivalent if applicable( for faculties such as of letters, Law etc).
- A research supervisor Recommendation Letter if applicable
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here