Deadline : August 20, 2021
Apply for the Public Service Internship Programme (PSIP). The Public service commission of Kenya aims to recruit interns into government Ministries, Department and Government agencies. This internship programme is a Government initiative that was created to offer opportunity to graduates. Selected interns have the opportunity to put their skills to practice, develop their ability and expertise and acquire and develop valuable technical and professional skills.
This opportunity is open to all Kenyan graduates who meet the set criteria for application. Interns will fill different placement positions available in almost all government departments. Applicants will select placements that fit their profile, academic background and field of study. Along with other related tasks, you will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- Interns will complete duties as agreed upon by their assigned supervisors
- You will document the relevant skills acquired during the internship period
- Interns must actively participate all mentorship activities and take on any additional responsibilities designed for the programme.
Selected interns will have the fillowing benefits
- You will have the opportunity to develop your skills and put to practice the knowledge acquired during your University experience.
- All interns will be paid a monthly stipend at a rate to be determined by the Public Service Commission.
- The Internship will run for a period of 12 months in which your will learn new skills and develop your professional portfolio.
- At the end of the internship, interns will be awarded certificate as evidence of their perseverance and contribution to the departments where they interned
To apply for any of the avalilable placements, you must meet teh following conditions
- Applicants must be Kenyan graduates from any faculty at a recognized university
- You must posses a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline form any faculty at recognized university;
- Candidates must not have graduated graduated earlier than 2015 at the time of application.
- You must posses basic computer skills and other digital skills.
- Interns must demonstrate the interest and passion to learning new things and tackle new projects.
Applications are submitted online using the online portal available at the Public Service Commission website. You will be required to first register and create a new account. Applicants will need to submit information including your passport or national ID information names and email.
After reqistering, you will then choose the department of your choice in which you wish to take the plaement. You are advised to choose a placement that is related to your field of study.
Applications must be submitted by the deadline of August 20, 2021.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here