Deadline : April 20, 2020 .
Apply for the KNB Indonesian Government Scholarships for International Students 2020. The Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) Scholarship is a financial assistance offered by the Indonesian Government to International students from developing countries to pursue their master degree in Indonesian Universities. Following that mandate, in 1993 the Government of the Republic of Indonesia started offering postgraduate (master degree) scholarships to students from the NAM member countries.
Since 2002, due to the substantial change in the international political constellation, the use of the term “NAM” in this program was considered irrelevant and the program name then changed to Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (Developing Countries Partnership) Scholarship or KNB ScholarshipThe scholarship is offered to potential students from developing countries to earn their Master Degree at one of 16 prominent universities in Indonesia. Between 2009 – 2017 periods, we have been awarding 992 scholarships to students coming from 71 developing countries around the world.
The KNB scholarship offered by the Indonesian government provides the opportunity for potential students in developing countries to develop their knowledge and competencies that will subsequently enhance their chances to fulfill those roles back in their home countries. The KNB scholarship opens the opportunity to experience life in the culturally most diverse nation in the world while studying and earning a master degree.
Successful candidates will receive the following benefits under scholarship terms
- A Settlement Allowance of IDR 1,500,000 will be given to new students upon their arrival in Indonesia;
- While taking the Indonesian language course and preparatory programs, the new students will only receive a Living Allowance of IDR 2,750,000 per month;
- A health insurance with a maximum of IDR 200,000 monthly premium (In case of the cost of medical services exceeded to those covered by the health insurance, the difference should be borne by the student);
- A round-trip international airfare (economy class) from the international airport of the student’s home countries to Indonesia, including local transport to the host university;
- During the Master Program, the KNB students will receive a scheme of monthly allowance as detailed below:
- Living Allowance IDR 2,750,000
- Research Allowance IDR 400,000
- Books Allowance IDR 350,000
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria in order to be considered for the scholarship
- The maximum age to apply for the scholarship is 35 years old
- Applicant must hold a bachelor degree (master degree holder is not eligible to apply)
- Applicant must have a TOEFL (or other certified English Proficiency) score of 500 or equivalent
- Applicants must complete the on-line application form
- Prior to the departure to Indonesia, the successful candidates must sign the Statement Letter and Scholarship Agreement prepared by the KNB Scholarship management
The program have been widely offered to students, not only to the NAM member countries(List Here), but also to other developing countries such as Thailand, Fiji, Gambia, Senegal, Nigeria, Madagascar, Suriname, Pakistan, Guyana, Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam, and Vanuatu.
You will need create your application by following the following steps as described below :
- Download the Invitation Letter (Available in the KNB Scholarship website)
- Submit the Invitation letter, Passport, Academic Certificates and Academic Transcripts to the Indonesian Embassy to acquire the recommendation letter
- Complete the online application process
- Recommendation letter from the Indonesian Embassy in the respective country;
- Nomination letter from the respective government official (Ministry of Education, other related Government Agency – should the applicant works for the Government Agency, or Embassy of the Applicant’s Country of Origin in Indonesia);
- 2 Academic Recommendation letters;
- Scanned passport (personal data page only) or birth certificate;
- Scanned bachelor certificate and academic transcripts (in English);
- Scanned TOEFL or IELTS score certificate (or other English Proficiency Tests) obtained within the last 2 Years;
- Scanned Official Medical Statement (Official Diagnose) prepared by a certified physician.
To apply Click here