Korean Government Scholarship Program for study in South Korea 2020/21
Deadline : February, 2019
Korean Government Scholarship Program are open to international students for pursuing undergraduate programme at higher educational institutions in Korea. The scholarship will contribute to promoting the international exchange in education and to deepening the mutual friendship among countries.
The purpose of the scholarship is to provide international students with opportunities to conduct advanced studies in undergraduate & graduate programs at higher educational institutions in the Republic of Korea in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between countries. Available Options in Universities Undergraduate course: 4-year courses at designated universities
NIIED invites the Korean Embassy in the invited country or a domestic university to recommend potential candidates. Applicants should submit all documents related to their scholarship application to the Korean Embassy in their country of residence to or the domestic university concerned.
The Korean Embassy or the domestic university sends proper candidates to NIIED with the required documents.
NIIED evaluates potential candidates and notifies the Korean Embassy of the final selected KGSP grantees.
- Airfare : Actual cost
- Resettlement Allowance : KRW 200,000
- Living Allowance: Undergraduate: 800,000, Graduate: 900,000
- Medical Insurance : KRW 20,000 (per month)
- Language Courses: KRW 800,000 per quarter
- Tuition Fees: Actual cost (No more than 5 million KRW per semester)
- Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency : KRW100,000
- Research Support: KRW 210,000 - 240,000 (per semester)
- Printing Costs (Dissertation): KRW 500,000 - 800,000
- Completion Grant: KRW 100,000 (Once)
- Both an applicant and his/her parents must be citizens of their country of origin.
- Applicants should not hold Korean citizenship.
- Applicants should have adequate health, both mentally and physically, to stay in a foreign country for a long time.
- Should be under 25 years of age at the date of entrance. (Undergraduate)
- Should be under 40 years of age at the date of entrance. (Graduate)
- Have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of all elementary, middle, high school courses by the date of arrival. (Undergraduate)
- Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or a Master's degree by the date of arrival. (Graduate)
- Applicants who have previously acheived in any undergraduate program, master’s program, or doctoral program in Korea cannot apply for this program.
- However, a former or current KGSP scholar who hold the overall grade of 90% or above can reapply to this program once either through the embassy or university track.