Deadline : October 17, 2021
Apply for the Kosovo Research and Analysis Fellowship program. This fellowship aims to support regional research with in the Western Balkans. It also aims to increase cooperation between academic scholars and policy analysts from the EU and the Western Balkans and disseminate knowledge about Kosovo. The fellowship also provides micro-grants to young researchers to conduct their research, as well as academic supervision from stellar scholars in their chosen fields.
The next cohort of KRAF is scheduled to run from December through June 2022. Fellows will have the opportunity to conduct, publish and disseminate findings through various public events, dissemination acts, networking activities that are part of KFOS project. At the end of the program, successful fellows will become members of an exciting new group of up and coming researchers who will devise creative and novel ideas for future research focusing on Kosovo and the Western Balkans.
This programme is open to nationals from the Western Balkans countries, Turkey, and the European Union. You must who posses a Master’s degree in a social sciences or in a related discipline. Fellows will carry out their research under the guidance of research supervisors and project coordinators. At the end pf the program, you will be able to submit the several deliverables.
Selected KRAF fellows have the following benefits
- You will receive support to carry out your research and publicity work amounting to 3,000 EUR.
- Selected fellows will participate in a kick-off workshop in Thessaloniki, Greece and will have the opportunity to attend master classes and get advice on their individual research projects.
- Thought the program, you will receive research guidance from experienced academics for the entire duration of this project.
- You will have the opportunity to visit Kosovo and spend several days in data collection, interviews and meeting Kosovar policy makers and civil society.
- Disseminate findings in both EU countries and the Western Balkans through various public events, dissemination acts, networking activities that are part of KFOS projects
- At the end of the program, you will become a member of an exciting new group of up and coming researchers who will devise creative and novel ideas for future research focusing on Kosovo and the Western Balkans.
To apply, you must meet the following conditions
- This project is open to all applicants, with a special emphasis on nationals from the Western Balkans countries, Turkey, and the European Union.
- Priority will be given to candidates from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Spain.
- As an applicant, you must posses a Master’s degree in a social sciences discipline or in a related discipline.
- Candidates who are have recently completed or are currently pursuing doctoral studies are strongly encouraged to apply
- You must demonstrate Some research experience in academic or non-academic publications.
- Applicants are expected o be fluent in English in order to participate in the programme
- You must demonstrate the ability to conduct research, draft scholarly and popular pieces alike, as well as implement publicity activities.
- Preferred candidates are those with knowledge of contemporary Balkan affairs. You must also have interest in engaging in public debates about the future of the region in the country of origin and beyond.
- Social media skills and an interest to use new and innovative tools to disseminate ideas & research findings
Applicants for the program are made via email. You are therefore requested to send your application to [email protected] by the deadline of October 17, 2021.
When submitting your application, the subject in the email should be “KRAF Application: Your name ”. Your application must include the following documents
- A clearly written motivation letter explaining why you think you fit the KRAF’s overall goals and their potential contribution to the KRAF network;
- Submit a 2 page research proposal detailing your proposed research project.
- Include a detailed 2 page publicity and dissemination plan outlining your planned publicity and dissemination activities
- Submit a recent CV and a list of your recent publications.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here