KU scholarships 2019 for International Students
Deadline: September 1, 2019
In 2019, the KU is offering academically qualified international students who are in financial need a scholarship in order to promote internationalization at the university. This scholarship is funded by the Bavarian State Ministry of Education, Science, and the Arts.
There is no legal claim for receiving funding. Applicants can be invited for personal interviews. Candidates will be informed in writing about the result. There are no individual foundations for subsidies or refusals.
You are in financial need when your income does not exceed the following income
- Gross income annually:
- Applicant (own income): € 15,000
- Every child that receives child alimentation: 8,000 €
- Income is e.g. income from self-employment, maintenance of third parties (in particular parents), other scholarships, etc.
- This scholarship includes 336,00 € per month.
- Academic qualification;
- Personal qualification;
- You have not yet exceeded the maximum funding period (36 months) for this scholarship;
- You are enrolled as a student at the KU (campus Eichstätt or campus Ingolstadt) during the funding period;
- Advanced studies with good study performance (from 3rd semester onwards);
- Financial need.
1 March 2019 for the funding term summer (1 April 2019 – 31 August 2019)
1 September 2019 for the funding term winter (1 October 2019 – 29 February 2020)
The required documents
- Certificate of enrollment of the KU (international degree-seeking students);
- Letter of Admission of the KU (incoming exchange students);
- Proof of academic achievement or transcript of records;
- At least one letter of recommendation from a KU professor (degree-seeking students) or a professor from your home university (exchange students);
- A CV in tabular form in English;
- letter of motivation (one page);
- proof of nationality.