Deadline : April 1, 2020 .
Apply for the Latvian Government Summer School Program for 2020. The Program is administered under the the State Education Development Agency (SEDA; VIAA in Latvian). The State Education Development Agency (SEDA; VIAA in Latvian) is a direct administration institution which is subordinated to the Ministry of Education and Science.
In accordance with bilateral agreements on co-operation in education and science concluded between Latvian government and a few countries Latvia offers scholarships to foreign students, researchers and teaching staff for studies, research and participation in summer schools in Latvian higher education institutions (HEIs) in the 2019/2020 academic year. The Ministry of Education and Science of Latvia has delegated the administration of the Latvian state scholarships to the State Education Development Agency (Valsts izglītības attīstības aģentūra – VIAA). The program is offered to Citizens from countries which have concluded an agreement with Latvia
- The amount of the Latvian scholarship granted by the VIAA for summer school is 711 EUR per person for the duration of the summer school.
- The scholarships will be transferred by the VIAA to the summer school organizers, no money will be handed out to the Latvian scholarship winners.
- The participants of the summer schools have to cover travel expenses from the country of origin to the summer school location in Latvia themselves.
Only students, academic and research staff of foreign higher education institutions are eligible for the Latvian scholarship for participation in summer schools.
- Citizens from countries that have signed an Agreement* on co-operation in education and science
- Citizens from countries that offer scholarships for Latvian students, researchers and teaching staff without formal agreements on co-operation in education and science
Eligible Countries: Azerbaijan, Italy, Tajikistan, Belgium (Federation Wallonia – Brussels), Kazakhstan, The People`s Republic of China, Bulgaria, Kyrgyzstan, Turkey, Croatia, Mexico, Turkmenistan, Cyprus, Moldova, Ukraine, Finland, Mongolia, Uzbekistan, France, Peru, Georgia, South Korea, Israel and Spain. Citizens from countries that offer scholarships for Latvian students, researchers and teaching staff without formal agreements on co-operation in education and science: Austria, Germany, Indonesia, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Greece, Japan, Sweden, Denmark, Hungary, Lithuania, Switzerland, Estonia, Iceland, Norway, The United States of America
Information on how to apply for the scholarship for participation in summer schools can be found on the website of the higher education institution in Latvia organizing the summer school. The website will give details on all the necessary documents:
- Application form of the summer school.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Motivation letter.
The necessary documents for the summer schools must be submitted directly to the organizers of the summer schools and they will inform all the applicants about the results of the scholarship competition.