Deadline : April 1, 2023
Apply for the 2023 Latvian Government Summer School Program for International Students in Latvia. The summer school program is dedicated to citizens from countries which have concluded an agreement with Latvia or offer scholarships for Latvian citizens and academic staff. Applicants for the program must be students, academic and research staff of foreign higher education institutions from selected eligible countries.
If you are eligible for the summer program, you will be able to participate in one of the following summer schools
- Current approaches and modern technologies in the historiography and source research of Latvian history and cultural heritage
- From bryophyte identification to practical use 2023
- IoT of Drones: GPS-Less Navigation
- Latvia’s Cultural Canon
- Baxter Robot Revival by Deep Learning Application
- Summer School of Latvian language and culture 2023
- International Porcelain Painting Symposium “TOGETHER 2023”
- Cultural Entrepreneurship & Leadership: reconstructing, relearning, reflecting
- Latvian Food from Past to Future
Selected participants will be eligible for the following benefits
- The scholarship amount of the Latvian scholarship granted for summer school is 1000 EUR per person for the duration of the summer school.
- As a common policy, your scholarships will be transferred by the VIAA to the summer school organizers, therefore, no money will be handed out directly.
- Please note that if you intend to participate in the summer schools, you will have to cover travel expenses from your home country to the summer school location in Latvia.
To be eligible for the Latvian scholarship you must meet the following conditions.
- You must be a be students, academic and research staff from a higher education institutions in an eligible country
- To apply, you must be a national form a country that has signed an Agreement on co-operation in education and science OR
- You must be a national of a country that offer scholarships for Latvian students, researchers and teaching staff without formal agreements on co-operation in education and science
- The full list of participating countries can be found here
Applicants must select the summer school of their choice from the link below. Upon selection, you must then visit the summer school website and submit your application online using the provided online application platform.
Extra information on how to apply for the scholarship and a full list of required documents can be found on the summer school program website. Below are some of the required support documents.
- The full completed application form of the summer school.
- Your most recent Curriculum vitae.
- A well written Motivation letter.
All the necessary support documents will be submitted directly to the organizers of the summer schools at the time of submission of your application
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here